Schwinn M Searcher w/ SBP Shifter Kit....NEED HELP TURNING ON

GoldenMotor.com

rreyesjr15

May 11, 2010
Edinburg, Tx
OK, so i finally finished installing the shift kit and 66cc grubee on my searcher. First of all, i have a question.

1. on the carb that came with the kit there is a lever for the gas, and then there is a lever on the end of the gas tank. I know where the "on" and "off" or on the tank lever, but i am not sure about the lever on the carb...please help.

Anyways, after i finished the build, i added gas mixture to the tank and choked it and everything you need to do before you attempt starting a motor. I get a little speed and start the engine. As soon as the engine starts, in revs real high and it does not idle. When i stop, the engine dies. If i try to rev with the throttle, nothing happens, but if i give it all it has for a couple of seconds, it starts to rev.
I tryed messing with the idle screw but it does not help....

Thanks for your help,

Roel

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I think the tail on the lever should face down, thats how it is on the tank.
The tail is facing the direction of flow.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
There is no mixture screw, so that may be part of your problem...also, you may have an air leak in the intake, either where the carb mounts, or more likely where the manifold mounts to the jug.

rreyesjr15

May 11, 2010
Edinburg, Tx
Thank you all for your help...i was able to find out that the problem was a leak where the carb mounts just like bikeguy joe stated. once again thank you all for your help.