Carb Tickler Fell Off

GoldenMotor.com

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
Somewhere along my ride tonight the carb tickler decided it would fall off. The bike is running fine....advice? I searched the forum didn't find a thread about this issue.

Can I just cover the hole? With what? JB Weld? Can I leave it and not worry about dust?

This is on a PK80.

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
I'm going to go with the whole thing.

I can look in the whole, see white...guessing that's the floater.

You should be able to just plug the hole. (thats what she said... laff )
With..I got JB weld and some high temp black rtv silicone to pick from right now.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I'm going to go with the hole thing.

I can look in the hole, see white...guessing that's the floater.

With..I got JB weld and some high temp black rtv silicone to pick from right now.
Yeah, the whole thing came out, I would do as Venice say's and plug it somehow. Now if you need to use it a lot you may want to think about a new carb. I don't know of anyone that offers replacement for it.

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
Everything's all good. I managed not to get any sealant in the bowl!

Replaced the cheap plug with a NGK B5HS and went for a rip. She's runnin' top! 100 or so miles on it and the old plug was a nice chocolate brown.

Last edited:

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
hmm yeah, got some shopping to do I guess. Guess I should of read rtv is no good for gas. :/

Last edited:

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
I took the bowl off this morning to clean the RTV off which lead to back to reading the forum. Lots of posts where people were calling the tickler a vent. Reading about carbs there seems to always be a bowl vent.

Hmm, what to plug this with...

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
If there's a little tube sticking up, put a piece of vacuum hose on it, and point the hose down. That will maintain the vent, and keep junk out.
The tube is gone, it went with the spring and cap. The whole thing fell out.

My best idea so far is to get a paper filter, cut it to match the hole and use sealant to hold it in place. Or I could seal tubing to it. Just worried about dust.

Last edited:

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
But really, a whole new carb doesn't cost very much, does it?
I just might be cause this is bull.

I got a vent tube all in place but now when I tighten up the 2 screws that hold on the float bowl, somehow its putting pressure on the main jet causing my throttle cable to stick when you twist it. I back off one screw on the float bowl the pin snaps back. Can not figure this one out. I did not damage the carb taking the bowl off.

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
Tightened everything up. Put the bowl back on, same problem. So I thought, I'll take it for a spin with the screws backed off a bit with throttle working.

It fires up and goes full throttle, well, before I kill it. Weird thou that I can twist the cable to start it, but then once it fires it goes full. Argh. How can taking the bowl off screw this up?!

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/throttle-cable-issues-2506-9.html#post65526

hmm (goes back outside)

Edit: nope

Last edited:

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
Well "screw it". If I snug up the bowl screws it warps the carb. I backed them off to where I don't like and she runs, no sticking. I went for a quick spin. Guess I'll lock tight them and if it leaks around the gasket....more silicone!

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
Float bowl is still not snugged up but no fuel is leaking out and the throttle isn't sticking. I've been on back roads and trails. Everything is good after each ride. I'll use it like this as long as I can.