my dad

GoldenMotor.com

macattie88

Dec 2, 2009
columbia sc
my father passed away in 2001 and i have always missed him...he was my best friend,a honorable and a man's man, its funny but everytime time i see an old chysler i think of him...he loved the old mopar cars and i do too...what makes you guys think of your dad and those old memories?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I could write a book...:)
I loved my dad very much. We shared so many things together. Air planes, race cars, go carts and fishing. Hunting and horses. He taught me right from wrong, respect for other people and to be responsible for my actions. I respected him and I miss him very much. He left us in 1990, and to this day when something sigificant happens I still want to pick up the phone and share with him something that I know he would have appreciated or he'd have had some words of wisdom to say about it.
Tom

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Every so often I'll smell burning wood and think of the times my brother and I , on a Sunday morning , used to be dragged out in the winter to the woods by my dad to clear brush away while he cut up and split the limbs and fallen trees . We lived in an old drafty farmhouse and it was heated by a wood furnace that was the size of a locomotive . We dreaded it , it was cold and tough and once we got a load we would have to take it home and throw it down into the basement then rank it . Then go after another load . The smells of chainsaw gas and oil and fresh sawdust was eveywhere . This chainsaw he used was called a Maul. It was a huge cast aluminum and steel beast . How he wrangled that thing around for hours was beyond me . I dredded Sundays in the fall and winter and early spring in the early 1960's . Dad died about 5 years ago from the big C . He said "thats what 60 years of smoking will do to ya . " I sure am glad I got the chance to be with him out there in the woods . I remember him as a young strong intelligent man who worked the living crap out of us and molded my brother and I into young adults that could go out and earn our way .

Last edited: