improvised engine starter

GoldenMotor.com

gian

Jun 30, 2009
vancouver
i had 3 pull start that i broke each of them last for about 200pulls, now im thinking if its worthy to buy another one for $20 that will last for 200 pulls about 1 1/2 month, everytime i install the pullstart i always grab the socket 1/4 wrench to remove the nut and install the aluminum thing on the magneto. im just thinking about what if i tried to use ratchet wrench to start the engine or modify the original cover of the magneto drill a hole on the cover and put 2" extension for the wrench ,the 2"extension will stickout on the cover of the magneto and whenever you start it always bring a wrench w/ you , or use a portable battery operated drill which has high rpm ,or impact wrench ,or an A/C drill or whatever is available. i gonna try this now and see if it works........you can also modify a kick start by using a ratchet wrench and make a little pedal and drill it on the end of the wrench.....

rotted

Dec 10, 2009
new mexico
it would be grat to have an alternative method of starting the engine without peddling or having to use wider cranks.... 52t chainrings on motorized bikes would be awsome for adults

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
You will break your arm! and why would you want to carry a drill or ratchet just to start it?
I;ve hade a pedal missing off my bike for about 5 months ( stripped the crank thread) and i dont have a pull start i use a 36tooth sprocket and just roll down a little slant hill pop off she goes.