Exhaust Modification

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome Wilson. Thank you for sharing. Very often folks grab what they need to know and never let others see or enjoy that it worked. Very cool, ty.

Next build?

LOL, go 4 stroke!

Last edited:

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
Now the next project...make it street legal for Ohio. Needs Brake and tail lights, headlight, horn and mirror....I've thought about putting a front brake on and attaching the light switch there as it has a coaster brake. The other stuff should be easy....or should I say easier....any suggestions about a switch for a brake light or making them street legal? When we get this one completed, we will start on.....mine...lmao!!

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
Fabricated a front brake off an old huffy, had to reverse the guts to make it fit the right side, but fit it does, and works fine.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sounds cool. Pics? Your just full steam ahead off the line, cool. Should have warned you these things are addicting and cause sleep deprivation, large financial expenditure and loss of storage space. (My car has forgotten what the inside of the garage looks like)

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
Ohio law: Must have headlight, tail light, mirror, Brakelight and horn.

Also states no sirens, no more than 2 headlights....what fun is that?????

He's already got the snap on red/blue flashers for the spokes....guess those will be gone for the inspection...lmao!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
At 10 degrees, ain't we all? Snork. Bought a used snow blower off a buddy who is supposed to really know small engines. He put 10W 30 oil in it. About wore my arm out first time I tried to start it.

That is really cool. A kid who is board, some times hang out with the wrong folks or do dumb stuff. Well, I know I did. Having some thing like a MB to work on and experiment with will serve him well. All the wrench stuff and sharing a hobby with Dad. Just awesome. Helping with the winter cabin fever stuff, think we all need that!

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
the best part of where we live, its a small burg of 600, one redlight and we live on an island on the Muskingum river known as Buell Island (google it) a great place to raise the boys...as I was raised here and never left. I also was a juvenile officer for this county for 10 years....know you have to be with them and keep them interested in the right things... Winters are long here, but summers are filled with the river and island life....and now a new trend....bikes with motors....soon everyone here will have/want one.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
2 cool, really. (Googled your Island)

These crazy things are perfect for an island! The Christmas pic, awesome!

exavid

Dec 12, 2009
Medford, OR
Yep, on the first day I rode my converted bike the idler roller slipped down and the chaing jammed the rear wheel dumping me on my butt. No real damage other than a sore leg. Since then I modified the chain stay so that I can run the chain directly with no idler. I formed a piece of 1/8" steel into a half pipe section about 6" long and brazed it to the outside of the chainstay and then heated and flattened the inside of the chainstay tube. That left me with a 1/4" clearance between the chain and the chainstay. That really made a big difference. There's no chain noise, and the drag on the bike when pedaling without the engine is minimal. The rear wheel drop out on the bike is about a 30degree angle above horizontal so it provides plenty of chain adjustment room to compensate for wear. Now that I've got this thing working well I need to tear it back down and dress it up with new paint. That's going to have to wait until warm weather returns, don't like to paint in the garage. I guess I'll just spritz the welded area with rattlecan primer and ride it until then.