Worksman Pirate Bikes 123

GoldenMotor.com

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
The Worksmans are in.. These are the tanks they will get made by Sportscarpat. Jim is making motor mounts and special sprocket adapters for the 11 GA spokes. The redesign on the adapters will allow for more lateral adjustment. These bikes can be equipped with the Pirate standard motor, the Stage 1 motor, or the Stage 2 motor kit. They will be offered as do it yourself kits or fully assembled and ready to Sail. The bikes are coming along in a well timed manner. Ready for spring for sure!
DSC04834.jpg DSC04832.jpg DSC04827.jpg DSC04823.jpg DSC04822.jpg

I'm gonna say that a jackshaft on a worksman may leave you faced with quite a challenge. Others say anything can be done. Ive never attempted it so I can't say for sure.

Thanks
Justin

Last edited:

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
is the springer fork a heavy duty unit from worksman or is it the repop. will you be selling just the bikes without the tank and motor kit. i'm looking for a bike to put a front hub electric kit on.

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Hi Cam,
The springers are from the Worksman factory. Better quality then the Micargi for instance.

Yes we will sell just the bikes. What color and what options. Ill even give it to you less the front tire if you want..

Thanks,
Justin

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
is the springer fork a heavy duty unit from worksman or is it the repop. will you be selling just the bikes without the tank and motor kit. i'm looking for a bike to put a front hub electric kit on.
The Worksmans springers are repops (Sun Bicycle) . Not meaning that the quality is not there, but their not made like the originals.

Last edited:

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Well then Red I stand corrected. I answered the question honestly and to the best of my knowledge.
They came from the worksman factory.. I will store my new found info in the data bank..

Thanks

I just put a 4g4 on a Sun cruz. The bikes are nice quality as well.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Don't be offended Troyboy, I think it's great what you guys are doing. The question was "Are they repops". Worksman bikes are "Quality" bikes. I own one myself. But they do not make all the parts!! They produce a quality "Hand Built" bike using a combination of part manufactures just like any other builder ie: Shimano, Sun...etc.

Last edited:

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Don't be offended Troyboy, I think it's great what you guys are doing. The question was "Are they repops". Worksman bikes are "Quality" bikes. I own one myself. But they do not make all the parts!! They produce a quality "Hand Built" bike using a combination of part manufactures just like any other builder ie: Shimano, Sun...etc.
Absolutely no offense taken Red. Usefully knowledge is more like it. Even if I get offended it only helps me improve. Its all good! I don't mean to come off on the Defense if I did or ever do. That was new info to me and I just was making it clear. Thats All.. We do agree the Quality is good.

Criticism is constructive and I believe thats why some people give it. Generally speaking.

gloss black with lights and no front wheel. can you pm me a price shiped to ohio 43302
Will Do Camlifter.
Thanks
Justin

Last edited:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
The worksmans i've done with the worksman wheels and tires not sure the width but 26 inch wheel i had some chain clearance issues. I'm not gonna say no but im gonna guess no

[email protected]

Jan 7, 2011
california
ONE more day till my cassic worksman with retro rack springer front end 36 tooth front sprocket alredy recieved old springer seat with aged brown leather and waiting on old bicycle lantern i odered on ebay love the new bikes
" SINCERLEY PEDDLING MY WAY TO INSANITY"
TONY

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
an option that would make these easier to motorize would be if they shaped the upper rear fork near where our MB sprockets mount, i ran into some clearance issues, i originally tried using vice grips to slightly crush the area i needed, but man these frames are tough, barely left a mark n nearly gave me a heart attack from trying so hard.

i was able to tighten everything up even more to get it to fit, but it would have been a whole lot easier to deal with if i had just an extra 4-5mm of clearance in that area.

a more square or rectangle shape like it is shaped where the rear forks weld into the arm would have given me the clearance that i was looking for.

just a suggestion.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
The worksmans i've done with the worksman wheels and tires not sure the width but 26 inch wheel i had some chain clearance issues. I'm not gonna say no but im gonna guess no
worksman standard wheels on their INB/base crusier models are 2.125 inches motorizing it with 3" tires isn't possible imo and neither is running fenders with wheels that wide.

assuming you're not modifying the frame of course.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
If you have time and have pictures of these bikes with motors on them ,, if you could paste them on this thread I would Appreciate it ,, would an 2 stroke slant fit nicely without messing with the middle tube to the frame ?

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
If you have time and have pictures of these bikes with motors on them ,, if you could paste them on this thread I would Appreciate it ,, would an 2 stroke slant fit nicely without messing with the middle tube to the frame ?
mine fit but it was a pretty close fit.