Can anyone identify this engine?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That is the standard Chinese 2 stroke engine sold under many different brand names. There are numerous mom & pop factories that produce these engines in China. Look at the engine/kits offered by any of our sponsors and you will see the same engine. I agree with you; with a little work and some effort you'll have a nice bike, and the price was right too. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress and feel free to ask for help.
Welcome to the forum.
Tom

doctorscoot

Oct 14, 2010
Try "BOY GO FAST", an eBay seller. That cab looks like a clone of an older Bing.
I got 3 of them from a seller for about $25- and used one to replace a funky Del'lorto on a DiBlasi R7E with numerous issues.

The carb works great, but I have to replace the throttle cable as it is too short to work this carb. And what's nice is it has a small spring loaded "priming button" on the other side.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Try "BOY GO FAST", an eBay seller. That cab looks like a clone of an older Bing.
I got 3 of them from a seller for about $25- and used one to replace a funky Del'lorto on a DiBlasi R7E with numerous issues.

The carb works great, but I have to replace the throttle cable as it is too short to work this carb. And what's nice is it has a small spring loaded "priming button" on the other side.

http://motorbicycling.com/f39/norm-shortening-throttle-cable-9010.html
Try this..

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
wow the guy who actually started this thread has disapeared this was his only post i would assume he got the thing working and well hes aparently no longer with us sad ending sad to bad he didnt know how to ride safely

doctorscoot

Oct 14, 2010

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
AARRGH!!!! I don't need to shorten it...I need to LENGTHEN IT!!!:-||

But- no need to- I replaced it with another Del'lorto and the finicky R7E runs great! This Chinese carb will be fitted to a Flexi folding scooter with a Huafeng 4-stroke that some idiot broke the entire choke out of! I'm fitting a BGF manifold on this thing.

Even then you can buy a bundle of cables replacement sets that are out there around 5 dollars.. A rear derailer cable is all it would take. Cut to size and solder it.:)