Mb forum!! Lami's back( motorized chariot?!!)

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Hey it's been awhile,

So remember I had the huffy with a friction drive bolens BL110?

WELL TIME TO SCRATCH THIS OFF THE BUILD THREW MY SHAFT AT THE BEARING SO WHAT IVE GOT NOW IS:

1) Briggs & Stratton 6hp motor I got for free only needs a rope,

2) free plywood and salvaged scrap metal.

3) one throttle cable left over from the previous build.

What I want to build now is a bike pusher with a covered engine set up like a touring bike cart that hauls people like how they do in Seattle around the aquarium.
.shft.

Here is the technicality ok, so if I buy Or find a used lawn mower trans axle can I technically twist the belts at about a 90 degree angle with tensioner to maintain the alignment?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Good to see you back SignGuy.

Never seen a lawn mower trans axle so I Googled it. So many different types I don't think I can offer any help. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Its been a while but I do remember the chevy corviar fan belt did something like that. Maybe take a look at some corvair photos maybe that will help?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Hey signguy! Yes you can easily change a belts orientation through twisting and or idler pulleys. The main thing is to have the belt run long enough to allow a smooth transition so the belt will stay in the pulleys. I built my kids a go kart years back with a 5speed garden tractor trans. You can use different size input pulleys to change the overall speed. The smaller the faster. The old chain drive rear engine mowers had a real small belt driven 3 or 4 speed trans. If you could find one of those it would be pretty easy to work with.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Another interesting build. Case garden tractors used a twisted belt arrangement to drive the mower deck..............Curt