Riding Red in da hood

GoldenMotor.com

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles

We started a new red rider build for a personal trainer from san fransisco who owned no tools back in December. Needless to say, I have a new red bike in my stable. (sometimes we need to screen our potential clients a little closer.) well, not closercloser..
Anyway, its a Skull X Bones Chassis with a silver jet. here ya go...

Attachments

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Heres a bit of a fast forward.. I apologize for the background images. we had so much card board from christmas and orders it was an eyesore. Anyway, the client wanted the bike "waterproof".. ahem.. so heres a little sillycone on the mag housing for good measure

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Outside of the tires, it looks like a chinese pizza junk :D Like most of our bikes, I'm sure it is just that.......sold! What......no fortune cookie? laff (nice color tho)

see you in the pits Mr. Busey ;)

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
And finally- but realistically not finally, We give you: Riding red in da hood. Silver jet with H.C Head, stock ported intake, stock NT carb, sprocket adapter, Monark II front end.
On sunday I decided to mount up a real pipe and see how our Jake's Jugs cylinders are revving. I must say the bottom end power is thin from this pipe, but once she gets up to speed- holy crap in the pants fast and screaming!! lots of fun on a shiny red and silver bike amongst a sea of flat black "murdered out", "stealthed out", "gimme all flat black, bro" bikes we have been building.
I actually really like this bike a lot. We have been contracting a few Skyhawks lately and I must say they have become the new favorite around the shop, but the good ol SXB bikes, heavy as they are, ride SO SOLID, and they just feel RIGHT. The HD wheels and hookworm tires dont hurt either:)dance1

Attachments

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Love it. How does it ride? I've never tried a Jet motor. How does it run.
Thanks! it runs great actually. what it feels like is that it has a 36 tooth rear sprocket, instead of the 40t it does have. and after 50 yards or so-maybe 100- it just starts revving to the moon and hauling ass. the city blocks werent long enough to really open her up. I cant see it being a track machine unless i get magic pedals, but its a great cruiser. just what I wanted it to be. I got a crew in SCLA who do long, high speed rides at night. this bike will fit in perfect; for a white guys bike...:)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, much better the final pics with that pipe up......now yer talkin'. Hold the anchovies please :D

Is that a JetPro hydroformed pipe? Sure looks of those makings.....

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
looks like your real close to going over the bars on a big bump...again, be careful there. dennis oh! i forgot the forks will rise on application of the brake.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
jake

bring it out for its test ride/ shakedown this sunday
invite some friends and customers

check events los angeles beach ride feb 10th 10:30am
roll out end of washington blvd.. parking lot enough with chubby let's ride!!!

hope to see you and a crowd

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
As much as i'd like to appear super cool and say "Ya man, jet pro.." It's actually a Japanese production pipe for a 65. It really makes the engine perform like it should-- on top. It is a perfect physical explanation of the reason for reed valve and power valve development. with a cylinder port intake and no reed, and without variable exhaust valve timing from a power valve, it shows why they get the big bucks for the real MX 2 strokes. It just doesnt make power until 6k rpm. simple solution? GEARS!! if one could keep it in its rpm range by going up through the gears it'd be perfect. as it is, its a kx 65 stuck in 5th gear.

Last edited:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
jake

bring it out for its test ride/ shakedown this sunday
invite some friends and customers

check events los angeles beach ride feb 10th 10:30am
roll out end of washington blvd.. parking lot enough with chubby let's ride!!!

hope to see you and a crowd
I'll see you there! Not sure which bike I'll be on, but perhaps this one. I'm going to try some bottom end boosting tricks, although I cant see those small tricks competing with the dominance of that pipe's resonance. Plus I have 3 builds going and customers ready for their bikes. getting time to do my own is slim these days:(
Dennis, Norm, believe me, if anyone is concerned with not going over the bars it's me. I still am recovering from my broken shoulder sept 15th. I cant raise my arm yet and have 60% use of shoulder. it was a gnarly break. I put bump stops on the springs so it wont bottom out on driveway entry. Not fun I can tell you that...
But thanks for the concern!

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
no one wants to see someone injured... well maybe a slow low side.. but nothing serious. get well, broken shoulders never go away. sorry. dennis