Wanted a 4 Stroke - Suggestions

GoldenMotor.com

Avaryan

Aug 24, 2011
West Virginia
I'm looking into getting a new 4 stroke bike up. Only ran the one 2 stroke engine so far. It was nothing but trouble.

I want to see some affordable 4 stroke options, both the engine kits and bike. I won't be using my Diamondback again. I'd probably prefer a single gear cruiser; as those seem to look nicer and have the most room for the motors in them.

If you can help me out it would be appreciated.

douglasseattle

Oct 5, 2010
United States
I think 2 strokes are OK but it is the fact that Chinese motors are poor quality.

I also dislike friction as there is so much power loss and slippage.

I am looking at a geared (jackshaft) 4 stroke honda 35cc. I think it will perform very well as long as it is geared.

Good luck

Doug

Big Bill

Jun 3, 2011
arizona
You may want to look at a 99cc Harbor Freight Preditor engine, AGk Has alot
of parts to help you with your build. A inexspensive 4 stoke kit cost $400.
plus shipping . I have about that in my build less tire . I bought most my
parts from Agk ,they are great people to work with.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
if you use your old bike, the tank and throttle from your 2 stroke kit you can do a hf 99cc preditor for about $250 if you do your homework.

Avaryan

Aug 24, 2011
West Virginia
Yeah, the Predator engine seems pretty good for the price. The reviews all seem positive too.

I don't really want to use my Diamondback, I want to revert it back into a normal mountain bike so I can hit the trails again. Probably going to grab one of the cheaper single speed cruisers for this.

Won't be re-using the throttle from my 2 stroke either. Cheap piece of plastic. Probably going to search for an aluminum cored throttle assembly.

Avaryan

Aug 24, 2011
West Virginia
Anyone tried sticking the 420 cc Predator on a bike yet? ;)

That would be a crazy ride...

edit: Right now it seems the 212 cc version is only $10.00 more than the 99... not sure if that's just a sale or something.

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Anyone tried sticking the 420 cc Predator on a bike yet? ;)
Thankfully no. That's an 87lb engine and 16.5" wide without gearbox. The 212 is like 35lbs, more than heavy and wide enough as it is.
The 420CC is ~7x heavier than a Huasheng, which itself is plenty capable of propelling a bike faster than it's safe to go.

That would be a crazy ride...
You say crazy, I say stupid lol

edit: Right now it seems the 212 cc version is only $10.00 more than the 99... not sure if that's just a sale or something.
Cheaper doesn't mean smarter. But yeah, the 212 is on sale the next 3 days. I was at Harbor Freight Thursday afternoon and was tempted lol

Nah. My little 49CC engine is more than enough for me :D

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
My Huasheng? Top speed is about 36 (I usually cruise 20-29) and it gets between 150-160MPG. Whole bike weighs about 75lbs with a full 1g tank of gas.

Pic of it on my profile. The Huasheng costs more than a HF motor, but it's also capable of high revs out the box. Best thing about it is it's legal in most states.