28cc weedeater+bicycle =24mph and 130mpg

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I picked up the weedeater at a yard sale. (20 bucks) The bike came from a yard sale at the next house (20 bucks) A little bit of metal, I had layin around and a old mini bike throttle. This is what I built. drn2 This motor had a built in clutch,so I made a knurled spindle out of 1 inch black pipe with a washer welded on one end bolted the motor to the plate I made out of a old men working sign I had layin around. Making sure my spindle would go all the way thru to the other side of the plate where it fit into a carrier bearring so it wouldn't wobble.( I didnt want to ruin the motors crank assembly) only thing I didn't care for was the 20oz.(1.25 pints) fuel tank but its still good for a little over 20miles per tank. The only other things i bought for this buile were a new tire and tube (18 bucks for both) and a peice of small angle iron (6 bucks) bringing the total cost of this build to 64 dollars.

Attachments

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
sold this one today a fella wanting cheap transpo. So I let it go for $225 minus 64$ for the build 161$ profit It only took bout 2 hours to put it together. Hmmmm 80 bucks an hour