2 stroke question

GoldenMotor.com

cat341

Nov 4, 2011
New York
Question on my first build. I have a 2 stroke china girl engine that I just installed on my Worksman frame, I installed the chain, sprocket and connected it to the engine however the rear wheel does not spin freely(it spun freely prior to connecting the chain)> I thought it might have something to do with the clutch but it has the same resistance with the clutch handle in or out. I am reluctant to start the engine for the first time until I get some idea if this is normal or not. I was able to turn the wheel by using my hand spinning the wheel (I only turned it 3/4 of a revolution with the spark plug removed) It sounded like the piston was moving inside the engine when the wheel turned, is this normal? I didn't want to force anything or continue until I checked here first.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup

As they said above, you could slip an end wrench over the clutch release lever, to make it easier to move, and check to see if the clutch does slip, (dis-engage), when the lever is pushed inwards.

Internal parts such as the bucking bar, or the ball bearing could be missing.
Or, the cam is not adjusted properly to push the bucking bar.

Alf is now selling an improved clutch cable mount.
He has also provided info if you wish to fab your own.
They make a good improvement.

Best
rc

cat341

Nov 4, 2011
New York
I concur... the clutches in new engines kinda get stuck straight from the box. Just hop on the bike & pedal it & try to break it free.
I was able to get the wheel moving but the clutch remained stuck. I adjusted the clutch cable by loosening it and pushing the arm over further and then tightening the screw that holds the cable. So the rear wheel spins freely now! I guess the clutch cable just needed to be tightened a little more.