gas mixture?

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You should use the best synthetic or simi-synthetic oil that is available, the better oils will extend the life of your engine.

Avaryan

Aug 24, 2011
West Virginia
On a new engine 24/1 or 5.33 oz. , after breakin most run either 32/1 or 40z. or 40/1 at 3.2 oz per gal.
Glad you posted that. I wasn't sure if I had mixed it properly; seems that I did after all.

What is the risk of running 40/1 at 3.2 oz per gallon on a new engine?

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
40:1 = Standard Synthetic 2 Cycle Oil, post breakin.
32:1 = Standard 2 Cycle Oil, post breakin.
24:1 = Standard 2 Cycle Oil, pre breakin.

You'll blow a ring, or your rings won't seat right and you'll never have good compression if you don't follow this. You can score your cylinder wall, sieze the motor, blow bearings, etc etc etc.

Has to do with the richness of Fuelmix to air/air to fuelmix, fuel to oil/oil to fuel, fuelmix to sparkheat, sparkheat and fuelmix to displacement etc etc...

There's too many variables to tell you this late at night, so I'll just say, learn every single square millimeter of your 2 cycle first, and then after that KNOW that every component is a variable, whether it seems like it or not. Once you learn what interacts with what and how, you'll be set to learn about tuning it from top to bottom, tip to end.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
One thing I have learned is here in middle GA. ALL THE GAS IS A ETHANOL BLEND. I called a local supplier and he said that because we were within the 13 county metro Atlanta area the clean air act required ethenol, so I use a fuel additive called four plus two by OMC marine for outboard engines to treat all of my fuels for small engines. Before I started using the additive I noticed fuel leaks more and more on the fuel lines on my string trimmer and leaf blower, turns out that the ethanol was causing the fuel line to swell then harden. It is bad that I live area that has to use fuel that is harmful to small engines.