My motorized bicycle runs very well after 2nd run...

GoldenMotor.com

wakk0

Aug 28, 2010
Chicago
When I first ride my motorized bicycle...it rides ok (sometimes sputters). After riding for a bit (until it gets hot)..I would turn it off..wait 10 minutes..start her up again and she rides beautiful. Why is that? Engine is already broken in.

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
Re: My MB runs very well after 2nd run...

just a thought, make sure your not running it too lean. it would get hot and run like crap. Also make sure your running enough oil in your mix.

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.

things are tight like head bolts intake to cylinder studs, carb to intake etc. Heat will expand sealing surfaces. It could change the way it runs when its warm.

wakk0

Aug 28, 2010
Chicago

Thanks!! I mix 32:1. It actually runs better after its warm up. The bolts seems tight. Dont really want to over do it and strip the bolts.

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix

Running lean will make a engine super hot. I have some burns on my leg. Im running a 20:1 (breaking in period). I just moved my air/fuel mixture screw on my carb somewhat left and it runs cooler and better...idk my 2cents.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

H, running at 20:1 will actually make the engine run lean.
Really!
Check it out...
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

The sympton you describe can also be a result of the fuel tank not venting properly. This is a common problem and can be traced to the fuel tank cap. To eliminate or confirm this try riding with the cap loose. If the problem goes away, you found it. If venting the tank doesn't help start with your wiring making sure your connections are good and not vibrating loose. Let us know what you find.
Any good air cooled 2 cycle oil will work and we suggest breaking in @ 24:1 then moving down to a 32:1 mix after a few tanks.
Tom
Tom

wakk0

Aug 28, 2010
Chicago

Thank you guys..been raining alot here..havent test it out yet