Which motor to get help??

GoldenMotor.com

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
i am looking at two different motors
GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5-SR SUPER RAT
2010 SkyHawk Pull Start, Centrifugal Clutch, GT5-GGG-2

the super rat gets my attention because of slightly upgraded parts and higher rev and power 3hp is it all what its cracked up to be or a mod engine that kinda flops?

the gt5-ggg-2 gets my attention because the pull start and the clutch and its black and its got the CNS performance carb i want that carb on the motor a lot it looks good but is the pull start a good idea and the clutch any good
flop or not?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
If you look through the many posts here on this forum, you will find that many people are having trouble with the new CNS carb, and for some of them, the solution is to install an NT carb.
I like the centrifugal clutch because in my area, there are stop signs on every block, and clutching became a PITA after a while, and stopped using that bike in favor of my friction drive bikes. After I installed the centrifugal clutch, it became my favorite bike to ride.
Also. many people here are having problems with the new Grubee products, just read through the various posts in this forum to get an idea of what's going on.

Last edited:

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
ive got the gt5 cent clutch and it broke on me right away cns carb had to be replaced right away as well as the black cat muffler was robbing power if i had it to do over again id buy a 4 stoke

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
well i know there cheap engines but they run lol but what i am wondering does the cent clutch helps? and i know the muffler is a bunch of junk and thats being nice but does the CNS carb thats suppose to be high performance any good or does it break too?

how do you guys think it will run if i go all out on parts?
Dual Boost Bottle Induction Kit
Expansion Chamber (short style)
Nitrous Oxide Kit (i know this can hurt too)
high pref carb
shift kit

now major qu i NEED ANSWERED cns makes two carbs witch is the crapy one
gen. B or http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/bike-motor-engine-high-performance-carburetor.htm ???

Last edited:

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
well i got the answer i needed the crappy one is the gen b CNS carb i want the regular high performance carb not that one one distinct difference is the air filter shape 2 hoses from the carb ect now i am thinking that staying from these motors might be good thanks guys thats the info i needed