Hello from Southern California

GoldenMotor.com

Jun

Apr 24, 2011
San Diego
Hello to everyone,

I have just assembled my 2 stroke engine kit and put on a bike that I bought from Swap meet. I had about 30 miles already on it. I like it, its fun and I had a lot of people turning heads and asking me about it. The person I bought the kit from told me to not run the engine for longer than 20 minutes. I wanted to use this as my commute ride due to high gas price, the question is, after the break in period. How long (timewize) can I ride the bike since I commute 21 miles one way to work.shft..shft.? I don't ride it hard, probably around a quarter of a turn on the throttle because I don't want to seize the engine.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Jun

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
I don't know why people think you can run these engines hard. I beat the crap out of mine and it doesn't skip a beat...
Maybe run a tank full of gas threw it before you ride it like you stole it!

CaliRebel

Apr 4, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
If you were really in stressful conditions(i.e. hills, stop&go, high heat) there are always thing you can do to improve the heat dissipation.

I just read about Motorkote that lubricates the metal surfaces of the engine and people with yard equipment say their engines run about 10F cooler and quiets the engines. I'm very excited to test this product.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum Jun, from a fellow San Diegan(^) As people have mentioned above, break it in (or not) and just ride it. It will be great for commuting and save you plenty in gas costs. Been commuting on them for years and will continue to for the rest of my life. Have fun and check back for local San Diego group rides in the Events forum below.

dnut