Hello Everyone!

GoldenMotor.com

theflash1327

Mar 29, 2011
New Mexico
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I am new to engines and pretty new to bicycles, but very crafty and willing to learn.

My first project will be a Huffy Cranbrook i got from wally world after reading a bunch on the forums. i also bought a 4 stroke 49cc engine from Daemon Bikes (not so sure if they are good. should have done more research.)

i get my kit soon and i have already reinforced the fenders. (thanks to bairdco!) i am planning on putting front brakes sometime today or tomorrow. any advice on types of brakes? i have been thinking about side pull brakes or maybe disc brakes but i dont know which is best. also, should i put on back brakes as well so i dont go flying over the handlebars? any advice would be great! i have already learned a ton from this forum.

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
welcome , i'm a newb to still waiting on the ups guy. I can tell you I have been doing nothing but research and shopping.... stick around this forum. The guys are great and very helpful.. Also so far I have had nothing but good sevice and help from the vendors who sponsor this sight... Enjoy and I hope to be joining you soon.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for help and advice.

Brakes: The coaster brakes on your Cranbrook are okay but we urge the installation of a front wheel brake on all builds without them. As for your choice, disc brakes are far superior to any other option but they are not easily installed on a fork not equipped with caliper mounting brackets. Venice Motorbikes, a member and sponsor here, offers some options that you might want to explore. http://venicemotorbikes.com/
You other route would be to go with rim brakes. Not as good as disc but much better than just relying on the rear coaster brake.
Good luck. Ride safe and have fun.
Tom

Crono Blades

Mar 29, 2011
Washington
Welcome to the forum Flash! I'm also new to this hobby. Already since I built my kit I've learned a lot about these machines. Lots of good information on this forum for pretty much every problem you might have.