Help Please!!

GoldenMotor.com

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
I went out this morning to my bike and I decided to check the e clip. First I took the bowl off and it looked good. So i put that back on and went to the e clip. It was on the 3rd notch so I moved it up to the second notch. I took it for a ride and I automatically noticed it was a lot slower. So I went back and put it back to the 3rd notch where it origianally was but when I when I went back out for a ride it was still a lot slower than what it was. Does anyone know how to fix this?? I'm getting mad at it and can't figure it out!
:-||

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Motornut,
I don't know if it's wicked hot in NY, but the NE coast is really hot today, like 95 in Maine, see what it's like when it cools off, mine was a bit "raspy" today too.

Mac

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
It's hot here 2. But i've ridden in this hot of weather. What I thinkin is that I'm going to change the mixture to 32:1. I think what might be happening is the plug getting fouled up since of the rich mixture. So I'll take the plug out an clean it. And try the 32:1 mixture.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
I also forgot to mention that when I try to adjust the idle, nothing happens. It just stays the same. I'm not sure what to do. The only thing I did was take the bowl off along with the needle and float assembly. Put it back together and then changed the e clip. Not sure how doing that would mess anything up