What I ride...

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A few pics of my latest build...it's a Ridgedale "Northwoods" aluminum beach cruiser powered by
the 49cc Huasheng 142-F 4-stroke with a G4 T-belt tranny. This is my current bike of choice and it cruises at a sweet 30mph.

Attachments

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Scotto

Tuff Looking Quality Ride. That Will Be A Dependable Ride. I Like My Titans. Are You Worried About The Motor Chain Tensioner Tipping In To The Spokes? Ron

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Awesome Scotto
Thanks Dan.

Tuff Looking Quality Ride. That Will Be A Dependable Ride. I Like My Titans. Are You Worried About The Motor Chain Tensioner Tipping In To The Spokes?
Hey Ron, yeah it's dependable and has a good feel to it. Never worried about the chain tensioner in the least...I normally don't even use them. As soon as I put my Shadow Conspiracy chain on the (right) pedal side, I'll ditch both tensioners. Until then, those tensioners are as tight as welded on...they don't budge! Cheers!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Scotto

Very Nice China Girl Also!! How Do You Like The Rear Drum Brake? One Guy Told Me His Squeal`s And Is Not A Good Brake! I Just Bought 2 Complete Hub Kits, To Use The Freewheel Adapters On Other Wheels. I Think The Kits Have Quality Parts.

Ron

Ron

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hi Ron, thanks. That drum or band brake on the rear is only better than no brake or a cheap Chinese coaster brake that fail in no time. And yes, it does squeel a bit as well...annoying. Up front I've got both a vee-brake and a disc-brake running off a single lever that makes up for the sub par rear brake...can stop er ona dime!

What are you doing with the freewheel adapters from the hub kits, you lost me there?

Scott

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Scotto

I Needed The Left Hand Thread Freewheel Adapter For A Electric Bike I Am Converting To Gas Power.

The Electric Motor Has A Gear Reduction On The Motor And Is An Axle Mount On The Left Side. The Electric Motor Use`s A 22 Tooth Left Hand Thread Freewheel Sprocket On The Axle.

I Need To Go To 44 Tooth On The Axle And An 11 Tooth Sprocket On The 5:1 Ratio Reverse Rotation Gear Box, That Will Give Me A Final Ratio Of 20:1 To Start With. Using 8mm Chain And Sprockets.

Was Planning On Using The Bicycle-engines 48 Tooth And Adapter With A 10 Tooth On The Tranny With 1/2" Pitch Chain (like Hd Bmx Chain). The Set Up Will Bolt On Most Any Bike With The Proper Left Hand Threaded Rear Wheel.

After Looking At This Electric Mongoose Gb 24v 450w Frame. Now Planning On Using It For A Frame Mount Titan Which I Already Have. May Wait Till I Have The Funds For The Sbp New 4 Stroke Shift Kit.

I Will Mount This Conversion On A Dual Suspension Frame. Am A Bit Excited About The Conversion. A Cheap And Dependable Build. But I Love My Shifter I Am Riding Presently. Just Like To Come Up With Different Good Functioning
Builds.

Sorry For The Book. I Try To Answer All Questions Thoroughly. Even With The Detail, It Seems Some Don`t Think About What They Are Reading.

Been Trying To Find More Of These Bikes. Bought This One For $50., Nice Strong Wheels Etc. Built Much Stronger Than A Pedal Bike. The Battery Box Makes A Large Tool Box. Ron ..cvlt1

PS "I need to get`err done" been stare`en at it long enough!! lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Excellent! Thanks Ron, enjoyed the read. Man does that bike have some potential...if it were mine, I'd whack a 46cc CY46 Goped engine on it and be flying along at near 50mph! That thing looks cool!!!
Cheers, Scotto-

Thanks for the pics!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Scotto

I Dont Know Anything About The Engine You Are Referring To. I Do Have A Mitsu 43 Cc Tl Something! It Is Still In The Box, First Engine I Bought When I Started In The Mab Hobby. Supposed To Be A Great Engine, Hard To Find Now. Thats Why I`m Sorta Saving It. I Have More Mab Motors Than Brains! Lol.

For Now I Think I Will Just Finish This Build With This Frame. Very Easy To Remove. Been Searching For The Motor Mount`s, They Are Out Of Stock Everywhere. They Only Cost $9.89. But Will Be Fairly Easy To Make, And Probably Better. Have Traced This One Onto Aluminum 1/4" Plate.

I think the frame and wheel`s will stand more speed than most! When i hit 32 mph with the gps on my shifter build, i was happy to slow down = scary fast when looking at the punny spoke`s!!
i raced late model for 25 yrs and had many motor cycles , but they were built for the job!!

Ron

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Scotto

Just Reread Our Posts. Enjoyed Looking At Your Builds Again. Quality For Sure.

I Did Not Clairify About The Bicycle-engine.com Hub`s. Because They Are Set Up For The Left Side Drum/band Brake = Which Use` A 1 3/8" Right Hand Thread. The Left Hand Thread Next To The Treaded Part For The Brake Is Larger To Go The Brake Threads. I Needed The 1 3/8" Dia Left Threads For My Conversion To Gas. The Left Hand Thread On The Hub`s Is Too Large Dia = Larger Than 1 3/8".

A Person Could Use A Freewheel Adapter With Right Hand Threads In Place Of The Drum Brake And Bolt A Disc Rotor On To It.

Ron

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto

Just Reread Our Posts. Enjoyed Looking At Your Builds Again. Quality For Sure.

I Did Not Clairify About The Bicycle-engine.com Hub`s. Because They Are Set Up For The Left Side Drum/band Brake = Which Use` A 1 3/8" Right Hand Thread. The Left Hand Thread Next To The Treaded Part For The Brake Is Larger To Go The Brake Threads. I Needed The 1 3/8" Dia Left Threads For My Conversion To Gas. The Left Hand Thread On The Hub`s Is Too Large Dia = Larger Than 1 3/8".

A Person Could Use A Freewheel Adapter With Right Hand Threads In Place Of The Drum Brake And Bolt A Disc Rotor On To It.

Ron
Hey Ron, those are the hubs that I used on these two builds...they seem of good enough quality and are steel, heavy yet strong. I run the stainless steel 12g. spokes on them...a bit more expensive but worth it.

I Dont Know Anything About The Engine You Are Referring To. I Do Have A Mitsu 43 Cc Tl Something! It Is Still In The Box, First Engine I Bought When I Started In The Mab Hobby. Supposed To Be A Great Engine, Hard To Find Now. Thats Why I`m Sorta Saving It. I Have More Mab Motors Than Brains! Lol.
The engine I was referring to is the Chung Yang 46cc Chinese knock-off of a Zenoah motor. The little things are beasts...they rev beyond belief! I've got a couple of them, some highly ported and reed valved and ported with different racing pipes and such. The Bladez scooter pictured here has taken me over 50mph on flat ground!!! The GPS doesn't lie and anything over 40mph on a stand-up scooter is pretty much insane...scarry-fast! The Mitsibishi 43 is a good powerplant with lots of potential for high performance in that they still make head kits for them. They were a great engine for stand-up scooters back when and really came alive with a proper expansion chamber installed.

Keep us posted on your build, can't wait to see that frame in action!

Scotto-

Attachments

Last edited: