Awful loud noise in engine while riding.

GoldenMotor.com

bradentonmotorbikes

Nov 4, 2009
Bradenton Florida
Hey guys, I've been out riding and lately Ive heard this absolutely god awful noise in the engine, it sounds like somethings loose or something.. I tightened all the engine bolts and everything seems okay. Does anyone have any advice on what this, or what can be done about it?
Thanks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is this another "oil change" question?
Weld up the opening in the end of the muffler. It will run very quite after that.
Tom

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
One of mine (tail light pushrod) clanked away for over a thousand miles before I sold it to someone who knew less about these bikes than I do.

bradentonmotorbikes

Nov 4, 2009
Bradenton Florida
Me and a buddy of mine run a small little motor bike operation, I do the financial end he does the service end, hes out of town so Im kind of stuck with alot of Q&As, Yeah if we build a kit for a customer and something goes wrong we'll fix it, a lot of our issues are just people not properly maintaining their engines correctly, but My personal bike has a god awful sound and its just not quite running how it used it used to, it sounds like somethings broke like a screw or something inside...
Ill try that muffler trick though.

I thought yall would enjoy the Oil change question :)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Me and a buddy of mine run a small little motor bike operation, I do the financial end he does the service end, hes out of town so Im kind of stuck with alot of Q&As, Yeah if we build a kit for a customer and something goes wrong we'll fix it, a lot of our issues are just people not properly maintaining their engines correctly, but My personal bike has a god awful sound and its just not quite running how it used it used to, it sounds like somethings broke like a screw or something inside...

Bradenton,

Remove the right side cover. You will see a small and large gear. Pull the clutch lever...the one on the handlebars, and grab the larger gear. If it flops all around...there's your answer! Don't ride it any more until your mechanic gets back.

Jim

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

I'd find something else to do until your buddy gets back....