420 chain?

GoldenMotor.com

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
i have the 415 chain on my bike and lost the clip on the masterlink no one around here sells the 415 except on bike store the next county over. the only chain i can find close enough is a 420 does anyone know if the clip from the 420 will fit on the masterlink for the 415? i am not paitent at all and do not want to wait for one to be shipped but that is starting to be my only option

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
i have the 415 chain on my bike and lost the clip on the masterlink no one around here sells the 415 except on bike store the next county over. the only chain i can find close enough is a 420 does anyone know if the clip from the 420 will fit on the masterlink for the 415? i am not paitent at all and do not want to wait for one to be shipped but that is starting to be my only option
I'd recommend gettin the correct chain clip. We've pieced together alot of chains {3-4} sections at a time, and it seems those are the chains when your 10 miles from home they blow apart like peanut brittle!.duh.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
If you are really impatient and have some chain length to work with why not ditch the master link? I have found the pins can be squeezed out using a small socket behind the link and a quality c-clamp over all. You may have to do a little work with a center punch to finish the task but it can be done, use the c-clamp and socket again to reassemble. If your not incredibly cheap like me you could purchase the proper chain tool and never be at the mercy of a supplier again.