all the high comp heads ... witch one do you like best ?

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I bought the Raw Racer from gasbike for my first build. I choose it because it is the most compact of the billet heads in a few of the dimensions i was concerned with for a future build. I think that diamond head from jnmotors would be my choice if space was not a concern. Part if me just wants to build my own, I have seen some really cool one off heads on hear.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
The Puch is my favorite for the price, it's not 'bolt on', however with a little work, can be as good as any other. I prefer to start with the Hi Comp puch, deck it, and reshape the chamber, but really, unless your having cooling issues, the same can be done to a standard straight fire head with similar results.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Ultra high compression is unlikely to be of help unless the primary comp has been raised also, Aiming at 150 PSI seems to work well for me on a standard bottom end.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've had good results with the Puch Hi Hi 70cc and the 6cc Fred Head.

I also have a Puch Hi Hi 50cc head on one engine and I use one thin and one thick head gasket so piston doesn't hit head, the engine I have it on is a low to medium rpm engine, to much vibe for high rpm and the 50cc Puch head give it good low end torque, wouldn't use it on a high powered build though in it's stock form.

I have one of the Jake heads that I haven't run yet, I have one of the pancake heads on my latest build that seems to be OK, and I have one of the Knock off Peddle Chopper heads I haven't run yet, chamber on this head looks like the chamber on the old Manic ashtray looking head, very little squish area similar to some of the kit heads I've seen.