Pirate Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I ordered a sprocket from Pirate Cycles and just got a notice from PayPal that I was getting a refund and the message that came with the notice said,

Due to a recent unfortunate accident this order could not be processed. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will be at it strong in a few weeks.

They also have a notice on their web site. Does anyone know what happened and if everyone involved is all right?

Steve.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I guess that it's cool that they refunded you without a fight/hassle/delay.......unlike so many of the current threads.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
More like frickin-a Donny! ...From a fellow New Englander lol!

JK I have no idea, just thought it a funny comment.

CUT THE EFFIN MOTA DONNY!

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Ahoy matties,

I've heard from the crew that the Pirates' bird got hold of a black jack of rum and was Three sheets to the wind. The bird speaketh foul language in front of the missus. Being a proper lady and all, she threw some cast iron at the Scallywag bird. All told, the missus missed and hit one of the Pirates square between the eyes. Knocked him out cold like a Davey Jones' Locker!!! Had to wake up the poor lad with a bucket from the deck, I say not!!! The bird is now Shark bait!!!

Yo-ho-ho,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I also got a refund on some parts I had ordered from Pirates, they sent me a message indicating that they were very busy and that they were hoping to be back on track soon.

On another note, if it's true that there has been an accident and someone is hurt that isn't a joking matter......., we should be offering thoughts and prayers and not tasteless cracks about things... just my $0.02 on that, I think the "Golden Rule" is a proper way to be looking at things if someone is hurt or has had a tragedy in their life.

I hope they get back up and going soon, I have always had excellent service from Pirate and they have been a great vendor and contributor to our hobby.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
about 2 weeks ago is when they refunded my money and said they were to busy to take any more orders....

Wow! how many people would love to have that problem....?

I say hire some help for just completing orders and shipping, they forced me to go to my local bike shop for one of the items I had ordered and I may order other item from another vendor as well, no biggy was only $50 order but I hate for them to be loosing all this business...

Anyone have a shorty manic style intake for the standard NT carb neck...? I'm needing another one?

Map

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I also got a refund on some parts I had ordered from Pirates, they sent me a message indicating that they were very busy and that they were hoping to be back on track soon.

On another note, if it's true that there has been an accident and someone is hurt that isn't a joking matter......., we should be offering thoughts and prayers and not tasteless cracks about things... just my $0.02 on that, I think the "Golden Rule" is a proper way to be looking at things if someone is hurt or has had a tragedy in their life.

I hope they get back up and going soon, I have always had excellent service from Pirate and they have been a great vendor and contributor to our hobby.

Map
Well said. We all go though hard times. Karma Never know when its your turn at it.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I was taking it as some one was hurt and it made it necessary for them to close up for a while and that gave them a chance to get things in order business wise.

Certainly hope if there were injuries that they weren't serious. As I found over the years being a small to medium sized business usually means that there is enough of a profit to keep the doors open but you need to do it with a small staff working like there were twice as many of them for half the money.

Wish them well and I hope they make it back.

Steve.