Morini runs!!! But.......

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Ive got the 64 tooth rear whell sprocket and the wheel itself is a 26" Mavic -36 heavy duty spokes -because the power kept warping the 24 " wheel--brnotbrnot the motor gear is unknown but ill count it if you want ---cant seem to get the darn thing into second gear LOL!
That's a nice torque match.(^) Your gonna love that clutch I think!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey Robin,

Glad to hear you got it all dialed in. There is not much of a support network for the Morini, takes a little more trial and error, but after dialing in the clutch and getting your pipe sorted you should be good to go.

As for the motor itself, I've had zero, and I do mean ZERO, problems, but I want to fool around with gearing some.

Pat and I run the moped hubs and until now, we've been pretty much stuck with 45 tooth rear sprockets (biggest available for the Puch hubs we run). But Pat has just made these killer new sprocket assy's for the moped hubs and now we can run whatever custom ratio's we want. I am going to run a larger sprocket to lower the overall ratio a bit. Should perk up the little the beast.

Rich
Zero problems with my clutch!!!! It is wearing perfectly! I cleaned out my washer stack of debrees twice now. I now change the clutch oil more often. I am at over 3000 miles now. The kick start has freaky engine compression to it. This S6S was so worth every penny;) I did remove one .005 shim as I put a 21mm size carb on. Took me a few to divide the fine hairs ''tuning the carb'' At 6000 foot above sea level. I can totally easily cruise at ''8'' miles an hour and hour now with ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( / /.

My fun learning curve at the moment was tuning this 21mm carb at 6000 foot. This thing is so seam less now from 8 to 40 mph! No jumps in speed like a out of sync carb circuit can do. Never a gurgle or bark between different rpm's This carb has a different atomizer a different needle and a pretty large main jet now. ''Than sea level stock carb circuitry''. 0 to 40 is fast and fun! The cruising is seamless. Runs like a motorcycle!

You guy's gonna try your new gearing etc at the new race The Grange?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey Robin are you using a Morini USA after market grippa three shoe clutch or the stock three shoe clutch from Herdan that comes in the S6S and S6C series motors?

Last edited: