Hmm... Bad choice on my part... Obviously was.

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
dmar836, although in many ways I agree with you - honestly, these Chinese engines really are just toys.

There's a happy balance between what you've described and wantonly banging on it with a rock. While care should be used and you're absolutely right that only one mod should be tried at a time - when it comes down to it, they're $50 engines and perfect for experimentation. I couldn't think of a simpler, easier engine to learn the basics on and part of that learning is hacking stuff up to see what happens.

While I wouldn't solder and drill a jet - it has nothing to do with precision as they make great jeweler's bits perfect for such things, I'm simply too lazy to bother lol and while you shouldn't rebuild in a mud pit of course, there's no real need for the "lab coat" approach - part of the charm of these motors is being able to do a top end rebuild on the side of the road with a 10mm and $15 of parts.

Personally, I love doing dumb*** stuff to my motor with a Dremel and file - it's part of why I bought the silly thing lol :D
I'm glad my China girl was asleep when ya said all this and didn't hear it LOL

You are absolutely right seems like the shop teachers would be all over using these things to teach with.
zpt:-||

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
I wonder if they might be interested in doing a helicoil project?
I fondly remember those college days but wouldn't want to do it all again!
Keep at it and be careful.
My garage is always open(almost literally) just too bad you are down in Texas.
Dave
KC