need hill climbing power

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
Ok, I havn't recived my 66/80cc CIF kit yet, and this will be my first experience with them.. the cylinder head is a straight cylinder head and not the slant... The bike is a 26" GrantSport Easy Tour from the late 60's.. and the hill I need to climb is about a 60-65* incline, maby a little more.. 1/4 mile long... will the kit as it comes complete this task or do I need other stuff?

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
You will probably need a 50 tooth sprocket,but I would try it first.Mine pulls up hill pretty good but Im not sure of the grade of hills I have to go up seeing as Im in FL.usflg

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
even with a large sprocket you will probably have to pedal some. i have a simular hill that is about a mile long and have to pedal a little to keep up speed on both my 4 stroke with a 50 tooth and 2 stroke with 41 t00th but over all they both do good... frank

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
thanks.. I was planning on getting the 50 tooth after I got the bike togther and broke in on top of the hill anyway just because of the terrain in my area.. I actully live ontop of the hill in question... would the 80cc slant head from Zoom Bicycles help also? I wouldn't mind pedal assisting.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi,

FWIW - The largest sprocket we have made to date for motorized bikes is 65T for a fella
in the UK who wanted to ride his bike in large open fields at slow speeds....THAT would probably climb some wicked steep hills....

Of course it that isn't we can g up to about 80T on a sprocket! ;-)

Andrew

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Here is what I use for hill climbing:

Standard 2 stroke engine installed with:
1. Slant head: the extra compression is very noticeable and pedal and pull starting is much more difficult but rewarded with gobs of torque.
2. SBP shifter kit. My 34 tooth 1st gear will climb Mt. Everest.
3. SBP tuned pipe. Regains lost power to my altitude and with the high compression head puts lots of smiles on my face.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Ok, I havn't recived my 66/80cc CIF kit yet, and this will be my first experience with them.. the cylinder head is a straight cylinder head and not the slant... The bike is a 26" GrantSport Easy Tour from the late 60's.. and the hill I need to climb is about a 60-65* incline, maby a little more.. 1/4 mile long... will the kit as it comes complete this task or do I need other stuff?

Indeed. You need gears.