First Build GT2-A frame [PICS INSIDE]

GoldenMotor.com

migueralliart

Oct 16, 2013
west palm beach
I been looking at that fender, how do you like it?
The fender looks pretty good in the bike BUT there isn't much clearance to the tire. I removed it and will install it again after I test brakes and the shift kit.

I love the build, but have a question.How much you think your going to have invested in your build?I have so many want to builds in my head right now since my first one
I plan to finish TODAY, by the grace of God.

Fly
A quick rundown of the costs:

Frame 125 plus powder coating 75 = 200$
Rims, Spokes, front hub and rear i3 sram hub = 300$
Tires and tubes = 75$
Front fork = 95$
Headset, stem and handlebar = 80$
Custom Racing Engine with clutch and accessories = 450$
Brakes = 100$

Still to add
Exhaust = 75$
Shift Kit = 200$

So almost 1575$ with a lot my precious time :D

I think it is worth it .. specially if you consider that if you were to buy a bike like this from a retailer it will cost you waaay more.

brywink

Jul 13, 2015
Trumansburg
hello, I plan on doing a build like your and I cant find anyone that has frame dimension, for example what are the size dimensions on the seat tube? I love the bike turned out awesome. also where did you order the parts?

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
It's an 18" frame. Seat tube is 18" from center of crank to center of top tube, and 20" from center of crank to top of seat tube. ID of seat tube is 27.2 mm, OD is 30.8mm. Kings/Gasbike in the sidebar carry both the GT2A and GT2A-S (straight down tube) frames.

brywink

Jul 13, 2015
Trumansburg
The fender looks pretty good in the bike BUT there isn't much clearance to the tire. I removed it and will install it again after I test brakes and the shift kit.

A quick rundown of the costs:

Frame 125 plus powder coating 75 = 200$
Rims, Spokes, front hub and rear i3 sram hub = 300$
Tires and tubes = 75$
Front fork = 95$
Headset, stem and handlebar = 80$
Custom Racing Engine with clutch and accessories = 450$
Brakes = 100$

Still to add
Exhaust = 75$
Shift Kit = 200$

So almost 1575$ with a lot my precious time :D

I think it is worth it .. specially if you consider that if you were to buy a bike like this from a retailer it will cost you waaay more.
what is the fork?

migueralliart

Oct 16, 2013
west palm beach
Well life got in the way for a couple of months but I'm BACK ...

bought a house, married and moved but somehow I managed to keep going and now I got a pull start kit and a running engine.

This thing sounds soooo cool I love it can't wait for the sick bike parts shifter kit to be here to install with some pedals and start riding it. The motor starts 1st pull every time :D

Breaking it in with 16:1 mix for now.

Some pictures and videos as always.

STARTUP VIDEO
https://youtu.be/7Ss30yKdGeA

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well life got in the way for a couple of months but I'm BACK ...

bought a house, married and moved but somehow I managed to keep going and now I got a pull start kit and a running engine.

This thing sounds soooo cool I love it can't wait for the sick bike parts shifter kit to be here to install with some pedals and start riding it. The motor starts 1st pull every time :D

Breaking it in with 16:1 mix for now.

Some pictures and videos as always.

STARTUP VIDEO
https://youtu.be/7Ss30yKdGeA

Very nice clean looking bike, I will say that most of us will recommend that you not use 16:1 in these engines just simply because its way to much oil and will just carbon things up mainly, but if you only use 1 tank and then switch to a typical mix like 32:1 40:1 50:1 etc with a quality oil and tune the carb for it, you should be just fine.

Nice bike and best wishes with the finished product.