2016 EXCELSIOR Board Tracker Flat Head Build

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Checking in with a few new pictures, notice not to much new action going on with new builds...maybe slow due to the election and up coming holidays. We stay busy at the wolf den, just me and my kid doing it....He built his own shaping room with little help from me, I got this old truck as a project and always thinking of building the ultimate race bike with hopes of Baird as my pilot... Check out the pictures...
Nice!
Surfboard?

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Checking in with a few new pictures, notice not to much new action going on with new builds...maybe slow due to the election and up coming holidays. We stay busy at the wolf den, just me and my kid doing it....He built his own shaping room with little help from me, I got this old truck as a project and always thinking of building the ultimate race bike with hopes of Baird as my pilot... Check out the pictures...
Man you guys have some cool projects going on. I surfed for years, always wanted to shape my own board but never did. Looks like a cool truck project, too! Fun stuff for sure!!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a long thin industrial engine to hang on the front downtube of a bike?

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
A couple new pictures while hanging out drinking beers with friends at the Long Beach Swap, check out DMB's Worksman with the three speed shifter on the top bar.
CCC....

Originally you stated that the Excelsior would be your last build, and that you had no plans on letting it go........

Has anything changed?

Ive said it before, and I'll say it again.........

Excellent job!

Reactions: culvercityclassic

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a long thin industrial engine to hang on the front downtube of a bike?
The Stihl 4 mix may be a good choice. I'm using one from a BR600 back blower. It's a very small push rod, dry sump engine that can use a small flywheel. It's 4hp and you could dress it up with a longer base to make it look different.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Sorry to say this bike has been on the bench more than its been on two wheels, not because of issues but just as a fixture to motivate me for another build. The next one will be a bit more modern and will be a collaboration with my son who is in the surfboard shaping business, should be an adventure thats for sure...Proud Father

Attachments

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Jeff I believe you're onto something by "framing" your beautiful bike, in a prominant location, until the presence of it forces you to go to work on another...these bikes seem to want company, so create some! Sounds as though you also have a great lad that's inherited some creative genes from his Pops...good times.

Rick C.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Here's a thought. I'm not making the thing, I don't expect anyone else to. All these attempts at amphibious bikes are compromises.

Has anyone ever made a bike where the boat part is at 90 degrees to the bike? Both carbs for the 2 drive functions would be diaphragm. I know it would be an ugly brute, but at least each part would stand a chance of working halfway right.

But this is just thinking out loud.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Lots of cool details going on with that flathead build, Jeff. Just don't start a fire with gas in the tank! My wife has her horse saddle sitting next to our fire place right now. Maybe I'll park a bike next to her saddle and see what she says.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Lots of cool details going on with that flathead build, Jeff. Just don't start a fire with gas in the tank! My wife has her horse saddle sitting next to our fire place right now. Maybe I'll park a bike next to her saddle and see what she says.
Pat, we dont use the fire place so no worries, I just noticed your "Maybe I'll park a bike next to her saddle and see what she says"...LOL

I have really run out of room so now the house is sporting bike art as I call it, pedal bikes too...I pretty much live in the garage anyways...

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Testing out the new site upgrade, my big complaint was the posting of pictures...let see how this works with video.
This one from the Culver City Car show where we took an award. Rode the bike to and from the show since it was close. No helmet and cops everywhere ha ha

Note: could not load video or pictures from my files... had to post a link for the video... bummer