Poll...What seat do you use ?

GoldenMotor.com

chain

Jul 31, 2015
NC
So I'm not a particularly fat guy . 6'+about 200 . But my seat keeps popping the spring out of the holder . It's a stock Dyno seat . I have a seat on my kent that has the rubber things that is real comfortable but I want something I little nicer . I really only want the pan and mount so I can cover it my self . But just wanted to know who uses what kind and brand .Thanks Also , are the banana seat as uncomfortable as they look ?

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
my two bikes are a schwinn OCC and a generic mountain bike they have the stock banana seat and a wal-mart comfort saddle respectively.

the mega wide comfort saddle from walmart is awesome very squishy and plenty of room for my bony-oney-butt. that said the bike is not motorized and has dual suspension.

the schwinn OCC banaa seat is really odd to me, when stationary i would rate it as the most comfortable bike seat I have ever sat on, but when moving the fact that it is a hardtail bike with solid front forks and nothing whatsoever to insulate your butt from the road starts to become more of an issue.

most bike banana seats are pretty narrow, the OCC one is rather wide (not quite as wide as say a Honda CB) I would assume the narrower ones are less comfortable, but like any seat this can be mitigated with more padding.

as for the future my plan is to do nothing with the pedal bike, and eventuallly I am going to build a sprung saddle onto my OCC that is more like a hybrid of the old Honda CB seats and the kind you would see on a tractor.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The most comfortable saddle ever.....Cloud 9 comfort saddle.

Been riding and racing bikes all my life and this is the most awesome seat for a cruiser or motorized bike that I have found no doubt. There are a lot of very similar Cloud 9 models, this is the one use.

Last edited:

chain

Jul 31, 2015
NC
That does look like a comfortable seat . Is it a metal Pan ?
The most comfortable saddle ever.....Cloud 9 comfort saddle.

Been riding and racing bikes all my life and this is the most awesome seat for a cruiser or motorized bike that I have found no doubt. There are a lot of very similar Cloud 9 models, this is the one use.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I have a Cloud 9, the one with gel pads. Saw it at the local shop and thought it would help the ride and it did.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bicycle seats, (saddles) and my bony butt don't get along. I've built the last three with steel and 3/8" plywood, padded with high density foam and unholstered. With your background and experience I'm surprised you haven't gone that route.

You might also examine using a seat from a small motorcycle and modifying it to suit you.
Just a suggestion.

Tom

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I bought a 26" banana seat from bicycle designer .com about 6 or 7 years ago it was a piece of crap. Had a micargi chopper with an occ type seat it was a piece of crap. much worse than a Schwinn. Maybe for a 20" lowrider somebody might make a good one idk, i'd have to see it to believe it. Seems like they had good ones when I was a kid in the 70's but not anymore. Its pretty much a kid seat anyway. I like those old bmx sissy bar seats they had back then nobody makes anything like that anymore. They need to make something like that for the 26" cruiser, A really nice comfortable motorcycle type sissy bar seat. nobody does. There are lots of good cruiser bike seats out there now tho. cloud 9 or velo or Schwinn or viscount or whatever. I had a micargi rover seat that was great and everybody on the planet is copying now and another micargi seat I got off ebay that looked like it that sucks

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm currently using a Bell Gel seat. I got it the day I found several cracks in the original Huffy seatpan and spring holder. The longest continuous ride I've had on the Bell is about 15 miles. It's certainly a lot better than the original seat ---- maybe I'll upgrade again, maybe not......