Iphone and Android Ap New for Motorized Bicycle Forum

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: Iphone/Android?blackberry?

i did not install the programing for smart phones. i know it works fine with my iphone

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona

It works great on my Android SideKick 4G just a pain to type sometimes but other then that I have no problems surfing the forum at work.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

I have a blackberry, and I use a 3rd party browser called opera mini, which allows me to surf this forum just fine. Android, of course, has the skyfire browser, which kicks all other mobile browser's ass. That's why my next phone is going to be android powered. Skyfire also has flash video support.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Yeah opera is pretty good. I had it a few months ago, and didn't like it because it scrolled too fast. But I decided to check it out again, and the scrolling is much smoother now. I have also used bolt. It worked good on my blackberry 8100 when I used it to download movies and tv shows. I was using bolt on my current phone, the blackberry 8530. It worked good for awhile, but then I started having problems. I think it was just my phone.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co

i can access fine on my droid....maybe look into tapatalk?...i know its a droid app..not sure about iphone or crackberry though....i use it for me other forums...works great

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co

good phone...i have one....but i do have to warn you about something called tethering...its when you use your phone for internet to your pc....most of the time the wireless companies frown on it heavily....just a heads up....

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co

well the jist of it i got was because it overloads the servers....think about it...the network is already overloaded with just smart phones...you can pull way more from the network with a computer then a phone......and of course when people figure out how to get around paying for multiple services...the corporations get pissy cuz they dont make any money from people using the services they provide to the fullest......its all about bandwidth

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona

Yes you can tether with a new smartphone and android but you need to check with the cell phone company. I have t-mo and they have no way of knowing that I use my wireles hot spot on my phone untill my data usage shoots way up and then they either slow my data speed or cut my internet on the phone.

I called in to find out what happend and they asked if I used the wifi hotspot. I said yes but why shut my off it si free isn't it? They said no I have to pay $15 extra a month to have it. What a bunch of BS. Cause it never says I have to pay for it when I launch the hotspot. They said they look for the data increase greatly. Thats how they know.

So I have been slowly using more and more data and connecting my computer for a little bit and more each time and they havent shut me off. If they do I will tell the it is a smart phone and I am getting more used to it and using it more and more everyday for everything. As long as I dont download some movies or watch them thru it I should be fine.

Watch out with verizon's data in then fine print they say up to 5gigabyte limit per month and it is like some 25cents per mb over that. I used to work Cust Service for them and have seen $1000+ bills and more from going over the data limit but they dont cut you off just keep charging.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida

I have the Droid X and i use the firefox browser. I have the Opera browser, and Skyfire browser too. I have yet to really figure out which is faster and better overall. Opera has definitely gotten alot smoother, and work way better than say a year ago. lol The default android browser just seemed way slower even though they say its the latest version. I get on the forum thru my phone quite a bit. Sometimes it takes 2-3 taps to hit buttons in the forum, i usually just zoom way in till the button is rather big on the screen and then press it, and it works. lol Overall Android is cool!!!! Their facebooks has a lonnnnnnnngggggggggggg way to go though. Still lots of bugs. My phone has a cool down program builtin cuz around the speaker, it get really warm to the touch. Im constantly using the task killer that came with it and it helps, but they just start again. It gets annoying. All these apps use up my battery quick even though i hardly use any apps. They constantly run in the background. Watch out for any app that is from China or Japan. Lots of apps are coming from that area, and they are infected. Android is taking apps off their market by the dozens cuz those are infected. For a security app, download Lookout. Its free and its the #1 security app for android, windows, and blackberrry phones, possibly others. It has been a life saver finding my phone. You can tell it to scream, wipe all data, and locate all done from any computer. When u download the app, register on their website:Lookout.com and anytime u tell it to locate, it send u an email with a map showing the exact location. Within like 24 meters. Also, another tip, using the 3g or 4g on your phone uses less battery power than using wifi. Wifi drains your battery quicker. All apps will usually eat away at your battery power really quick...like 30 minutes youll have 15%. lol

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho

On my ghetto non-smartphone I can pick up this forum without a hitch, but the other forum refuses to load.

Popat

Jan 27, 2012
India

Even i have a iphone 4 and i like its touch sensitive very much, but apart from that, android market is taking over it now a days.

davew3b

Mar 2, 2012
SW Missouri

No smartphone but I have an Android Pandigital SuperNova media tablet with the Firefox browser.. Should be easy to log in and participate on my tablet. I'll have to check it out and see.