Think I fixed my wheel problems

GoldenMotor.com

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Today I decided to work on my bike even tho there is still 3 feet of snow on the ground. After making countless threads on here and having two wheel adapters fail causing the adapter to spin and snap spokes even after removing material.

I splurged and bought mag wheels, which also seem cheaply made because when I went to attach my disk to the wheel it stripped two screws and I wasn't even to the base of the hex head yet. Needless to say I got it together with a new chain as well after a lot of swearing. Here's a current picture of it as is atm.

Ill let you know how the mag wheels workout once I break it again.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Those wheels look like the hot setup for off-roading. The motor sprocket mounts to the disk screw holes?

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Cylon,I have those exact mags on a new black GT2a frame I just built. I am a tiny bit skeptical that those tiny 6ea. shallow allen screws holding the sprocket on to the aluminum mags will hold and not rip right out of the aluminum during bump starting. Haven't given it a spin yet....
Love the looks and the simplicity of the whole set up though. I peeled my red wheel stickers off for more speed though...LOL

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Those wheels look like the hot setup for off-roading. The motor sprocket mounts to the disk screw holes?
Yes

I took the bike for a 1 mile long ride today its cold and wet out there. It held together well just gotta ride it more to break in the new chain. Will probably be awhile till I ride again, I don't want the brine to rust my bike out.