Dellorto SHA Clone Review

GoldenMotor.com

jveta172

Dec 27, 2011
San Diego, CA
I recently received a dellorto sha carburetor clone for christmas. The first thing I noticed about the carburetor is that it was the almost the same size as the stock carburetor. The cone air filter it came with does make it slightly larger, and had to be bent slightly to fit, which was easy. It also came with 60,70,and 80 jets. The choke is automatic, actuated by the first pull of the throttle. My big problem with the carburetor was that the float basin and carburetor body didn't match up, which caused fuel to spill onto my engine and flare up. I have since received a free replacement that fits perfectly. What struck me about the carburetor was that it changed my bike into a completely different machine. The carburetors that come with the 66/80cc kits are the same ones designed for the 48cc kit. First ride: The difference was amazing. Before the new carburetor, my bike felt choked and kind of like my old goped sport. The new carburetor made it feel like a proper scooter, similar to my Lance 150cc scooter. The engine sounds much deeper, and feels significantly more powerful. It idles now w/o vibrating to the point i can't take it, and it rides much smoother than it did before. The lower frequency vibrations means that nuts will vibrate off less frequently. This makes it safer and easier to maintain. I had no problems with it. I found no need to change the jetting. Best upgrade so far. Expansion chamber is next. Pics soon.

talbotti

Sep 17, 2011
Finland
i run my bike with PHBG 19mm carb and self made intake.
compared to my stock carb it has more power at all rpms, i also have tuned pipe.
next upgrare would be puch hi compression head.