Issues that only a pro can help me with, spark issues help!

GoldenMotor.com

Do you think this engine is simply defective and will not ever work?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because it is from Goygofast on Ebay.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocksolidperson

Feb 11, 2012
Australia
after reading this if you are running the straight or slant head look for a NGK iridium spark plug they have extended tips and use up all the thread, make sure your getting a strong sparl by taking the sparkplug out and holding it up against the exhuast pipe to ground it, then turn over the engine.

Make sure your jets arnt clogged and you have a nice flow coming out through the fuel line, if all of this is checked and working then you should have no problems at all.

Mojo

Dec 26, 2011
33755 Clearwater Florida
after reading this if you are running the straight or slant head look for a NGK iridium spark plug they have extended tips and use up all the thread, make sure your getting a strong sparl by taking the sparkplug out and holding it up against the exhuast pipe to ground it, then turn over the engine.

Make sure your jets arnt clogged and you have a nice flow coming out through the fuel line, if all of this is checked and working then you should have no problems at all.
Currently i am using the kit supplied spark plug ''art'' brand with jap writing on the box, so unable to give you the Detailed specs of it, i did a google search and it was a flunk.

I am working with Slant-Fire Z80 from Boygofast - Rico Group. and its a royal pain in my ass this occ build lol,

honestly the mounting and cable laying gave me little to no issues compared to my 48cc slant fire sky''crock'' on the Schwinn Clairmont beach cruiser,

*different frames yes i know*

Every one told me this build would prove difficult, truthfully it has Not, it has been a fairly simple build other than the issues i am having with the engine its self, as soon as i had it welded it became an easy build, but this damned cheap engine!

i found a way around the issue with the front engine ''shoe'' that sits agest the bikes frame flush for mounting had been casted Wide to eliminate the need for wide mount adapters for beach cruisers and other wide frame builds,

since i was not mounting to a wide frame or a beach cruiser this became an issue when trying to mount to the narrow OCC chopper mounts provided by Various different providers around the net these days I.E SPB or Barry on ebay in my case Boygofast on ebay

the kit i bought came with a ''universal'' motor mount http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/7/2/1/2/2/webimg/377423964_o.jpg?nc=352

the fix! ~ i will have this welded to the chopper mount then simply place the engines front end against it then Bolt the engine too it :) that solves the front mounting issue!

Sorry for those of you who found this thread in hopes of finding a front mount fix that does not require welding * I've been there* i only just yesterday met some one local who can do minor welds for me for little too no cost :)

i hope to be enjoying this ride soon, my wife just got a new camera phone with fair image quality so i will upload some late phots of the mount, the custom exhaust and share the layout plans for my New custom exhaust,

it will consist of a Standard Pocket Bike Exhaust, a Long header tube from a Fancy Street poo poo pipe sold by Gasbikes.net Cut at the end of the pipe where it screws to the Muffler,

and cut off 12'' right after the bend in the header tube starting at the exhaust port and ending right under the peddles, i plan to weld the expansion
chamber from the pocket bike exhaust right below the peddles,

after the pocket bikes chamber has been welded underneath the peddles ''crank'' i will then weld the long section of cut poo poo pipe left over to the Other end of the pocket bike chamber Running it to the rear end of the chopper

i will mount the muffler at the end of the bike using either u-clamps or worm clamps, should make for one **** of an exhaust system Wish me luck guys and *Please continue to check this thread for updates*,

pictures of the bike, and the exhaust system, i will likely do step by step photos for those who wish to use the same or a similar exhaust system or mounting system!.

zpt

Last edited: