2 stroke spark plug program

GoldenMotor.com

Ozfer

May 22, 2017
USA
so I got the ebay china 2 stroke special and I installed it yesterday. The problem is the spark plug seems too small for the hole. I can push it in and take it out without screwing it in and it never gets tight. Am I doing something wrong or is this broken? I'm using the jing ying spark plug it came with.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
never seen a head with other than standard size threads, but have seen some that got torn up badly by the factory machine that was supposed to cut the threads

definitely something seller should replace

Ozfer

May 22, 2017
USA
It certainly has thread just the threads are too big for the included spark plug. I think the thread may be damaged as one side seems to be threaded farther back into the engine and there is no thread on the other side. The metal on my engine seems really cheap and some metal snapped off near one of the screw holes. I msged the seller to see what they say.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Just get yourself an NGK 5944 (BPR7HIX) spark plug and forget the stock crap.
For slant heads only!
It's longer for more compression, fires better, comes pre-gapped, and will last the engines lifetime.

I put these in every 2-stroke I build right from the start.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Just get yourself an NGK 5944 (BPR7HIX) spark plug and forget the stock crap.
For slant heads only!
It's longer for more compression, fires better, comes pre-gapped, and will last the engines lifetime.

I put these in every 2-stroke I build right from the start.
Wouldn't he need threads in the head to screw that plug into?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Wouldn't he need threads in the head to screw that plug into?
Of course.
New head.
And the cost of the replacement parts for that e-bay ~$100 e-bay junk engine kit will keep mounting as time goes on.

There is quality, and there is price, your choice as you don't get great quality for cheap.

Ozfer

May 22, 2017
USA
So they did send me a new head and I replaced it without problem. Turns out that was the issue as the spark plug fits right in the new head like it should. I ended up riding the bike around for the rest of the summer without any problems!