what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Yeah d gizzle, It's a tadpole recumbent motorized. I took an old gocart frame, married it to a goped, put some pedals on it, and with a lot of other crap involved, like trying to figure out how to put both sprockets on one side, ect, Tri-Baby was born.
And yeah fasteddy, IT'S DANGEROUS. Even with the light on the pole and a flag I have to be VERY carefull. But so far, So good. It'll only do about 28mph so it's not like I'm running at light speed. And with disc brakes it stops pretty good. And like I said, I'm VERY, VERY carefull when I'm riding it.
fatdaddy.

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Still not sure if I want to take it someplace and have it welded or brazed. Or try to braze it or Silver solder it myself.
Silver solder should work just fine. And if ya don't like the way it comes out you can take it apart and try it again. Brazing is more permanent.
fatdaddy.

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina

It seems like every time I turn around I'm replacing batteries for my lights, so I decided to make a lighting coil like the ones I had on my 50 cc motorcycles when I was a kid. I spent all day winding 18 gauge magnet wire on an old laminated magneto and fabricating a mounting plate to ensure that the coil was in line with the magnets on the flywheel and fit within the pull start housing. My incondescent headlight worked great with the coil, but the LED tail light will have to be replaced. Or, I might go to a LED headlight instead and add a rectifier. No more batteries (except for my vintage horn which might have to go if I do the rectifier thing).zpt

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego

Threw on an expansion chamber... seems like it has a little more bottom end power which is what I was hoping for

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

It seems like every time I turn around I'm replacing batteries for my lights, so I decided to make a lighting coil like the ones I had on my 50 cc motorcycles when I was a kid. I spent all day winding 18 gauge magnet wire on an old laminated magneto and fabricating a mounting plate to ensure that the coil was in line with the magnets on the flywheel and fit within the pull start housing. My incondescent headlight worked great with the coil, but the LED tail light will have to be replaced. Or, I might go to a LED headlight instead and add a rectifier. No more batteries (except for my vintage horn which might have to go if I do the rectifier thing).zpt
Some pictures please...

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra

this is what I have done, recently.

5L beer keg., now custom mb fuel tank

sbp fuel tap, filler neck and locking vented gas cap $25 off ebay.

Next job is to, clean it and do it again with silver solder.

Last edited:

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra

the beer...arrr..... was disposed of in a series of large drinks

and left me wondering...hmmmm that could be a fuel tank.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

the beer...arrr..... was disposed of in a series of large drinks

and left me wondering...hmmmm that could be a fuel tank.
Yep, Liquid inspiration. Been there, Done that.
But it didn't usually work out as well for me.zpt