Kaeli Khaos Kustom Rat chopper

GoldenMotor.com

kaelikhaos

Feb 3, 2015
canada
.shft.
My Custom chopper.
Its painted the ford gt colors now, but ive decided to go with an od green paint this year.

The motor is not on it right now,as ive been doing frame upgrades, as well as rebuilding the motor. The wrist pin e clip broke into the motor and chewed the piston and sleeve apart.

As you will see. The bike is just over 8 feet long. Basically custom made everything. I built the frame from a piece of an old bike and some steel sock. Same with the forks. As well, i have reversed the wheel mounts on the forks to give me a bit more rise, and slightly less rake on the front end.

I have spent time HAND HAMMERING the fenders from scratch. The rear fender sits about 2 mm above the back tire. its lovely.

I have created a hinged mount for the ammocan saddlebag, so i can still access the rear wheel nut. Very strong, and solid. also the ammocan is water resistant. great for keeping electronics dry. I will be adding one on the other side.

I have custom made and upholstered the seat as well.

this bike has no brakes right now, i end up using a pair of shoes only once before theyre destroyed . lol

Plans for this year on the build include:
Jackshaft kit
3 speed internal gear rear hub. with drum brake( for this i have to get a wheel custom built, as 3 speed hubs dont come on a 20" wheel. Its about 300 bucks ) lol

I will be adding a second ammocan to the other side, to hold my battery, and fusebox.
I will be adding, Headlight(Hi/Lo) Brake/tail light, front and rear signals, and an alarm system with a keyfob, and auto kill if not unlocked with keyfob.
I will also be running my overly complex wiring harness through the frame so as to prevent any chance of hotwiring the bike.

With the 49 cc motor, it gets me up to around 50 kmh as it is.

With the geared hub,ammocans,electronics, etc, the weight will increase from (est)45 lbs to about (est ) 70 lbs.
Obviously requiring a few upgrades to the powerplant. Including billet intake manifold, new exhaust, aluminum cnc head , better spark plugs, and im not even sure what else.. lol

But here she is. Thanks for looking. Comments appreaciated!
If anyone has questions about anything, sourcing materials, designing parts, or putting those ideas in motion(pun intended) Please feel free to ask.

update
just finished rebuilding the motor. I took much extra time and care. Cleaned everything thoroughly,removed all the soot., polished the piston . Hacked up my other bikes motor for the parts i needed. And i re mounted the exhaust and intake manifold with a piece of clipboard gaske 1/4 thick. I havent had success with gaskets at all on these bikes. so m hoping the thickness and the 35 wt oil i soaked them in will prevent them from blowing as soon as i start the bike.

.shft.

Attachments

HDCowboy

Jan 3, 2015
Texas Gulf Coast
What is that chrome bracket in the middle of the forks? Please tell me its not one of those set screw EMT coupling holding two pieces of pipe together!

kaelikhaos

Feb 3, 2015
canada
it was yeah. its all been bolted and secured now though. i made this bike before i knew how to make a triple tree from scratch.

buut i assure you. its just as strong as if it was a single piece of metal. i cannot figure out how to add more pictures im working on it

HDCowboy

Jan 3, 2015
Texas Gulf Coast
buut i assure you. its just as strong as if it was a single piece of metal. i cannot figure out how to add more pictures im working on it
Sorry but no its not! Its a death trap! I worked too damn long in the electrical field running conduit & using those couplings and I know how strong they are. If you want to join two pieces of pipe together and want them to be strong welding them is the only way or better yet use one single piece of solid pipe to begin with!

Last edited:

shapata

Apr 24, 2015
Pakistan
I have created a hinged mount for the ammocan saddlebag, so i can still access the rear wheel nut. Very strong, and solid. also the ammocan is water resistant. great for keeping electronics dry. I will be adding one on the other side?

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Sorry but I gotta agree with HDCowboy on the front end issue... You did a good job on the frame so don't let a few extra welds, or the lack there of ruin your day...

If you're having trouble keeping your gaskets from blowing out I can make you some solid copper ones for your intake and exhaust, I made one out of 1/8" thick solid copper for my exhaust and it seals really well with no leaks... and it can be reused over and over again by heating it up to cherry red then dipping in cold water to soften the metal back up.
Also, if you're looking for more power, an expansion chamber pipe like the SBP or snake pipe as well as a good high compression head like a Puch hi hi or a Fred head will do the trick. For the pipe tho, as long as you can weld, you can buy a used 60 to 80cc dirtbike pipe and do a little cutting and re routing to make it fit which would be the best bang for the buck, also, the snake pipe is called the fatty pipe in the pocketbike world and can be bought for around $45 but needs some minor mods to make fit these, and the SBP pipe is also a modified pocketbike pipe which can be had for around $45 or so as well, and you can do the necessary mods at home if you can weld.