48? Whizzer barn find project

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Is that rear fender notched troy? Has clearance?
George :) No but if you look at the pic. You can see the 2 sharpie lines wear I traced an original whizzer fender I bought off JB. Just a quick trim with the cutoff tool.

Any way I braved the cold to mount the wheel. The belt appears to be a bit short. I can't pull the wheel into the dropouts. Is this normal with a new belt or do I need one that is longer?

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Try tilting the engine towards the rear a little by loosening up the top rear engine mount bolt and using a wedge for leverage in the front, drop the motor down a little closer to the bottom bracket and it should be good, I had the same problem and that gave me enough to get the wheel in the dropout.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I bought an AX-63 and it fit like a charm. The bike is all together except for the compression release and fuel fittings. I just need to take the tank and carb to the hardware store to get some fittings.

How much and what weight oil do I need to fire her up for the first time?

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Last edited:

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I think I'm finished now. The bike that Jerry rebuilt. I did a quick mask around what was left of the original decals and gave the tank a quick spray with some gray metal flake. The throttle,clutch and compression release linkage were all built with China girl parts and cables I had lying around. The hand controls were all bought off E-bay for around $50 bucks. The air filter is made out of a prescription bottle. And a handy rubber band to stop the choke from closing from the vibration as it runs. And oh dose it run. A 15 dollar jerry built fuel line with a inline filter with an internal magnet to catch any of the rust I might have missed.
By the way after some research I found out my bike was built in 1947.