whizzer Ambassador...HF engine install

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Hills my 2 stroke wouldnt climb before........and when they did make it it was because I changed to really steep gearing and hit the hill running

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hey, was that a armadillo you ran off the rode? what was that.
Sounds good, can we get a longer vid?
maybe some music to go too.

Ray

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That is such a neat bike. It seems to me that I saw a thread on your building of it, but can't find it again to save me. Is there a link? I see that your final drive is belt to the sheave, but my memory has it that you are using a torque converter with the 212 engine. Is that right? If so, which one did you use? Most of what I have seen have had a chain final drive to a sprocket.

At the time I did not think what you had done would be ofuse to me in my building of "kindalikeawhizzer" since the big 6.5 engine would not have fit in my Schwinn frame and would have been too much power for it anyway. But now I've been thinking about a different project down the way involving a Harley Davidson Sprint (most of it anyway, minus engine) and was thinking to do something with it along the lines of the old Simplex... belt drive like the Whizzer. The original engine was a 250cc four stroke and later a 350cc. I'm picturing the 212 with a torque converter and belt final drive. I would like to be able to use it for going back amd forth to town on a highway with 55 mph speed limit. So, no faster than that, but it would be nice if I could keep up with traffic.

I have another set of 18" wheels from another light motorcycle and am picturing a tractor seat upholstered in leather.

Do you think the 212 is enough engine? I doubt this would be much heavier than your Ambassador, but I'm 225 lbs and might want a sidecar for it. No mountain climbing, but a few hills. No racing around, just a cruise through the forest to town.

This project is a long ways off, at least a year and maybe two as there are others ahead of it, but I like to plan ahead and know what I'm going to need to make it happen. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.
SB

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
The 212 is very capable....modified ones are even quicker from what everyone says.....this bike easily hits 55....I installed smaller pulleys off the TAV to stop that....still its potent and doesn't overrev.....I didn't use the TAV jackshaft plate for anything but measuring, but you could...my ambassador has a jackshaft tube already and we replaced it with one for 5/8 shaft bearings...it was 12mm.....I'll message you more info and a link later today.