Anyone successfully mount a HT bicycle engine or Huasheng to a Whizzer frame?

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Was wondering if anyone on here, has restored, fixed up, freshly painted or powder coated any kind of Whizzer frame? I'm sure it's been done, I just haven't seen anything. Either a 2-stroke Ht kit, or the 4-stroke huasheng. Let me know!

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Wait- what do you want to do? Put a 49-80cc engine on a Whizzer frame? Why? There are cheaper and lighter ways to do what you are thinking (I think). I'm fairly certain my 2007 NE5 is pushing 100lbs....

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Wait- what do you want to do? Put a 49-80cc engine on a Whizzer frame? Why? There are cheaper and lighter ways to do what you are thinking (I think). I'm fairly certain my 2007 NE5 is pushing 100lbs....
I personally DON'T WANT to, I was just seeing if it had ever been done. I've seen whizzer engines on frames, but those obviously belong there, I just was wondering if anyone had used any other type of power plant on their frame.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I personally DON'T WANT to, I was just seeing if it had ever been done. I've seen whizzer engines on frames, but those obviously belong there, I just was wondering if anyone had used any other type of power plant on their frame.
racie35 put a Harbor Freight 212cc engine on a Whizzer Ambassador with a CVT. It looked and sounded pretty sweet in the video I saw. Point is, I personally believe you need that kind of HP to push a bike of this size/weight.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
racie35 put a Harbor Freight 212cc engine on a Whizzer Ambassador with a CVT. It looked and sounded pretty sweet in the video I saw. Point is, I personally believe you need that kind of HP to push a bike of this size/weight.
Now that I think about it, I remember him mentioning something about that, have a link to the video? Also, based on what you've said, I'm assuming the whizzer frames are heavier than your everyday steel cruiser frame? If so, a HT engine would really need to be decked out to get any usable performance from. Air filter upgrade, exhaust, port matched, possibly balanced, probably would need a larger sprocket in the rear, pedaling with a 36 tooth would be a PAIN on a heavier bicycle. My sprocket choices are 36, 38 or 40. Anyway, a lot of the whizzer frames in my area I've seen are obviously barn finds. They would need an extensive amount of work to get them up and running again. If I had the ambition, I would certainly do it. Then again if I wanted a whizzer frame, I'd want the actual whizzer kit to go along with it. I'm not a HUGE bicycle enthusiast I don't ride ALL of the time, sun up to sun down, I do enjoy pedaling as well as motoring, it's even better when I can cruise around 20 mph with a buddy and take in the scenery. Let me know!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
if you find a whizzer it'll probably have a whizzer engine on it....after you yank it I'll buy you a HT kit for it and swap...you mays well pull the sheave and toss that in the deal too cuz you wanna use a sprocket..that comes in the kit i'll supply you

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Lol, I haven't seen any actual completed whizzers nearby on craigslist. Only one time, and it was around $3,500, the thing was a beauty though. Looked brand new it was fully restored.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
im teasing .....but if you look around there are plenty under $1000 . usually they pop up on craigslist.these will normally be newer edition bikes from 99-2008