Back

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Its good being a senior citizen,,,,,,,Two Door,,,,,,,,, but then here is the rest of the story. Joined some two or three or more years ago and built my first bike. Good old Wally Mart with china girl kit running a aftermarket Runtong ?????? carb from
DAX along with a offset manifold. All went well with the usual adjustment problems until it got stolen. Now what the kicker was the rear brake was disconnected and the calipers were not that strong. Gave the report to the police along with pictures. it laid out in a field for several months before found. The rear brake was destroyed and bent lol Can only imagine what happened. This really discouraged me and I just let her sit for a couple years until this week. Flushed the tank and carb bowl, inspected , replaced fuel lines and went to the road. Not expecting anything let the clutch out and away we went. Good lord what I had been missing. Looked like exodus with all the kids following me. So got the old girl back in shape and the bug has bitten once again. Going to start another build. Upon looking at the site, lot of changes it seems and I like. Would really like to motorize (eng) my Atomic Zombie trike I built. May look into that also. Ok guys bent the eyes enough saying nothing so will keep you posted and be asking questions again. Gary( aka ) gphil brnot

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good to see you back, Gary. Best of luck with your new project and glad the old one is home and back on the road.

Keep us informed on the new build progress.

Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Welcome back, sir. Glad you've rediscovered your reason to ride, and have reconnected with you inspiration. Hope the new build goes well, and the thieves keep their hands off. Don't forget pics. :)

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Sometimes all it takes is to ride one of these things again to get you totally into it. They have actually improved these little engines in the last few years.