Loosing Power

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Oh Gosh!
IMO...
Run it like it is and accept what it is.
A chinagirl is a cheap date.
Don't spoil her by showering cash on her and expecting more performance. :)

If you must...
A tuned pipe & carb jetting will bring the biggest increase in power, but it will get pipey.
Increase compression ratio to get back the bottom end.
Then you can replace carb.
After those, porting might be next, if you are so inclined.

Speed? Drop a few teeth on the rear sprocket. Fine for the flats, fade on the hills.

The small 4 cycle engines are superior if you really want more.

But it all boils down to considering purchase of a small motorcycle.

Best
rc

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
I too am still in the break in period. It got so cold quickly here haven't been able to ride it much. Anyway...I have been confused about the oil/gas mix ratio. I have been following the recommended mix from sellers like this (Gasbike). Is this not correct?? Actually mine runs pretty good, although I'm sure it will run better with less oil. No sense in using to much oil but I sure don't want to use too little! So what's the scoop ??

Answer: This 2 stroke stroke motor kit requires an Oil And Gas Mixture as follows:

When New: 16 to 1 (8oz per Gallon)
After 2 Tanks Of Break In: 32 to 1 (4oz per Gallon)

You should get 100-150 Miles per gallon and achieve 20-40 MPH depending on climate, altitude, bike weight and rider weight

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
BTW. I'm using LUCAS SEMI SYNTH oil. It does knock slightly at low rpm. I haven't even gotten thru the first gallon. Do you think I should cut back on oil ?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
lol
OK... Let's see how far I can stick my neck out!

I wouldn't run ANY 2 smoke at 16:1, EVER.
Even if the directions were written on the heel!

Back in the old days... I will admit to using 30wt motor oil on a few old 2 smokes at 20:1 ratio. But that was ONLY in a pinch, only on and old engine, and only when nothing better was available.

IMO
It is TOTALLY old-school stuff to run that much oil.

Today, ANY mix oil available for purchase is FAR superior to oils used in the past.

Today, even from china, the engines are superior, in tolerances, and quality of the metal itself. (well, in the case of a chinagirl, marginally so!)

These days, I might run 20:1 for the very first beer-can of mix gas put in the tank so things might be flushed out and super-lubed for the very first few minutes of running. Then I'd get that stuff out of there and run 30:1 for the first tank of break-in running.

From that point, I would strongly advise the oil manufacturers recommendation under all conditions with the possible exception of some HUGE, VERY OLD, stationary engines with massive cylinder bores, long strokes, and very low rpm.

Next new motor I run will use the Opti 2 100:1 oil as per their directions.

Welcome to the mix oil debate! lol

There's a whole bunch of that here on the board, and they are a wealth of information.

Best
rc

Last edited:

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
Yeah I thought I might be stepping in it when I asked the question. I have to admit that even with my limited experience the 8 oz per gal seems a bit excessive at least after the first initial start up. It even drips out the exhaust pipe. A friend of mine had a weed eater that never would run very well. One day he was out of gas that was mixed for that particular weedeater so he used another mix that had much less oil. He said it ran like a champ and continues to this day. I do appreciate your response and value your opinion.....Dooly

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
Manufacture recommends 16:1 oil ratio for the 1st 2 GALLONS, not tankfuls. The kit tanks hold just a tad over half a gallon, so you'd need to burn through about 4 tanks before you'd consider it "Broken In."

Here's an idea, mix 4 ounces to a half gallon of gas for the 1st tankful for a 16:1 ratio, 3 ounces per half gallon for the next 3 tanks for a 24:1 ratio, then down to 4 ounces per gallon (32:1) after its broke in. If your running synthetic, the ratios are much leaner (higher numerical ratio), but you still need extra oil during the crucial breakin period, or the rings will not seat into the bore properly and the engine may not last long at all.

Regarding the carb blowing off & the indications of a lean out condition at WOT, this is what I tried & found successful with my CNS: Ditch the nylon spacer & O-ring between the carb & manifold, & replace it with a half inch of 5/8" automotive heater hose. Not only will it seal out air leaks, the carb will fit tighter to the manifold so you don't need to overtighten it (so long as you can't rotate the carb by hand, its tight enough). Plus you have the benefit of the rubber acting as a vibration dampener to minimize fuel foaming and sticky floats that can & do manifest themselves as a leanout condition.

That's my 2¢, who's got change for a nickle?

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
Thanks guys ill try that and im looking fro mods i can do to increase Power or even mph any ideas
The absolute BEST upgrade you can get is to educate yourself: Knowledge is Power. Download & read Graham Bell's 2 Stroke Tuners Handbook.
http://www.vintagesleds.com/library/manuals/misc/Two-stroke%20Tuner%27s%20Handbook.pdf
This guy has already done all the research, trial & error's, and he wrote down what worked & what didn't, then he shared this knowledge with anyone willing to read it. If you take your time to study it, by the time you're done you will have more than a mild understanding of what's going on inside your motor and what to do to wring out the most from it.