Sprocket on 16" Wheel

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm not sure if it will or not but I hope so because I have plans to use a 16" kids bike wheel for a project myself, I'm planning on useing the front wheel for a drive wheel on a pusher that will use the rag joint for mounting the sprocket on the wheel, haven't tried it yet so It may or may not work out but it sure looks to me like it will work just fine.

sorry I can't give a solid answer on this, but when someone who knows for sure chimes in I guess then we shall both know......!cheers...

Peace

.trlrl.

Hi all i was just wondering does anyone know if a sprocket kit from a 2 stroke motor kit bolt on to a 16" wheel from a kids bike? Im going to be making a motor scooter.

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO
I have done it, but I can not say it will work with all wheel/sprocket combonations. The diameter of the hole pattern and the space between spokes could come in to play.

Mapbike, if you have held them up to each other and it looks like it will work, then they will.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I haven't yet but I will hold the rag joint rubber pad and see how the holes in it line up, I will do this in the next few minutes and then post results.

Mapbike, if you have held them up to each other and it looks like it will work, then they will.[/QUOTE]

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just checked the 16" wheel I have and the rag joint will not work with all bolts being used, no matter how it's lined up there is always one place where a bolt would hit the spoke, so it could be put on the wheel without using one of the bolts, not sure if a person could get it trued up right with one of the bolts missing or not though.