Huasheng Clutch question

GoldenMotor.com

Hec_The_Wreck

Apr 4, 2010
Hollywood,FL
Well I finally got this thing on the road again and after a few rides I hear that dreaded spring break sound well I get home and I take it apart and put a whole new set of springs on and just when I give it gas one spring pops off,the set I took off had less than 20 miles on it.What could be the problem?Any advice?
Thanks
HEC

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well I finally got this thing on the road again and after a few rides I hear that dreaded spring break sound well I get home and I take it apart and put a whole new set of springs on and just when I give it gas one spring pops off,the set I took off had less than 20 miles on it.What could be the problem?Any advice?
Thanks
HEC
Hey Hector, you may have put one or more of the springs on wrong. If you put one on the opposite way it will stick out and rub on the clutch bell and eventually break. That's the only thing I can think off the top of my head.

Hec_The_Wreck

Apr 4, 2010
Hollywood,FL
No Scott I put them on the right way the spring just kept popping off not actually breaking it.Hopefully when I get this new clutch I ordered it will solve my problem.remember this thing has over 1000 miles on it maybe it was time for a new one.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
what part is worn and is causing the prob ???

I have 7000, hard ridden miles on my clutch,
and the shoes are almost worn across the entire face
I am very impressed with the max-torque clutch that EZM uses

ps...I never pedal on launch ;)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wrong springs or over stretched and the end hooks have lost their shape. The holes in the shoes
may be in bad shape as well. Maybe it is time for a new clutch....$15-$25.

My friend just went through his first clutch on the same engine.....less than 1,000 miles on it? I've got over 3,000 on mine now and it's still going fine.....wtf?

All 3-shoes clutches aren't created equal?

Hec_The_Wreck

Apr 4, 2010
Hollywood,FL
Wrong springs or over stretched and the end hooks have lost their shape. The holes in the shoes
may be in bad shape as well. Maybe it is time for a new clutch....$15-$25.

My friend just went through his first clutch on the same engine.....less than 1,000 miles on it? I've got over 3,000 on mine now and it's still going fine.....wtf?

All 3-shoes clutches aren't created equal?
Don't jinx yourself :)
I got my springs from dax a new clutch cost me 37 with postage from Spooky Tooth.By the way you think they sell these springs at a hardware store?Would be nice if you could at least buy one part in your area instead of ordering online and having to wait.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Don't jinx yourself :)
I got my springs from dax a new clutch cost me 37 with postage from Spooky Tooth.By the way you think they sell these springs at a hardware store?Would be nice if you could at least buy one part in your area instead of ordering online and having to wait.
Not worried about jinxing myself and I have yet to see springs like these (this strength and configuration) at any hardware store.

Yeah, the wait.....and the shipping fees.....not sure what's worse? $37 for a clutch ain't cheap....and ain't, ain't a word.,

Last edited:

mmehta

Aug 30, 2011
New York
I have a gokart with Huasheng engine. The other day I broke the spring on the clutch while trying to push it back while my son had his foot on the gas.
When I dismantled I can see the broken spring, but the debris has gone between the the coil and the stator.
For some reason I am not able to pull out the stator assembly. I do not see any other bolt except for the kill switch connection.
Am I missing something, should the stator not simply slide out when I open all the allen bolts