Please Help! Clutch Problems

GoldenMotor.com

sofasurferlinux

Jun 24, 2009
Davison, Mi
Both chains move when peddling. However, with the clutch lever pulled back, the gear on the motor turns freely. The clutch disengages the gear on the motor, from the motor. The chain is moving, and thus it is turning the gear on the motor. But the gear on the motor is spinning freely. When you release the clutch lever, the gear on the motor will then be connected to the motor.

brandongordon2002

Apr 26, 2009
stoney creek ontario
Hey guys, i just built a buddy of mine a bike with engine kit on it, it started up fine but has a lack of power, im geusing i just need to use it and it will come to life like mine did. The problem is when you squeeze the clutch lever and rev the engine the clutch catches as if you were to release the lever quickly, ive tried adjusting the clutch arm cable and haven't found a spot were it will work with out catching when i rev it. If i dont rev the engine its usually fine. Would i have to physically adjust the clutch on the opposite side of the motor? Thanks guys

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Hey guys, i just built a buddy of mine a bike with engine kit on it, it started up fine but has a lack of power, im geusing i just need to use it and it will come to life like mine did. The problem is when you squeeze the clutch lever and rev the engine the clutch catches as if you were to release the lever quickly, ive tried adjusting the clutch arm cable and haven't found a spot were it will work with out catching when i rev it. If i dont rev the engine its usually fine. Would i have to physically adjust the clutch on the opposite side of the motor? Thanks guys
yes adjusting the flower nut s simple, pull the clutch in so you can move the nut easily. If it is catching just loosen the nut a little at a time i'd say the next opening for the screw to go in. And if that is not enough a little more. If you loosen it a lot and the motor will not engage anymore then you would have to tighten up the inner spring but it will probably not come to that, it's easy too as long as you follow the directions on hoe to do it.

brandongordon2002

Apr 26, 2009
stoney creek ontario
hey reg454, thanks for the reply, i fixed the clutch but still the lack of power, i bought my engine kit for 115.00 from a local guy here in stoney creek, i found him on ebay i will post the item link at the bottom. Is it possible his so called 80cc upgrade engine is actually a weak engine? It looks the same size as mine and the carb is the same too, everything is the same as mine basically just made by a different company. Anyone else have a weak engine that has never came to life?

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
brandon you should give the motor a little time to break in you will get more power from it after it has broken in. I got some more power from my motor by shortining the intake as cose to the motor as it can go. The only problem I have with it is that it leaks a little fuel from the carb because of the angle of it. I am going to be getting an intake from Manic Mechanic and I will be asking him to make it as short as possible for me. I have tested the stock intake compared to the short intake and you do lose a lot of power from the longer one but their is a little more torq. How I fixed the torq problem was I removed the gasket from the botom of the jug to get a little higher compression and used orange rtv gasket maker to seal it up. I also have done the piston skirt trimming to the piston I have alink to the post that shows the pictures and how to do it below.