Next Build Maybe?

GoldenMotor.com

noyytwi

May 25, 2009
wisconsin
Hello All,

Been thinking of purchasing this bike for my next project and adding a 2 stroke engine. I am still a newbie but thinking this bike would not be to bad. Just want to do something different. Any suggestions? Kinda concerned about the handle bars. Thanks

Attachments

bikebum1975

Aug 18, 2008
Connecticut
I am new myself and though the bike is cool I don't think I would go for a set of handlebars like that they look cool but clumsy. I would think it would be hard to control the bike ya know? Easy fix though to change them to a different bar

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Looks like a standard beach cruiser frame. There should be no (additional) hassles to mounting an in frame kit if that is how you're planning to build it.

.trk

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Keep the bike, junk the bars. Extremely tall ape hangers can be dangerous because you do loose some leverage therefore control. For gentle rides they're fine but in an emergency the tall bars can get you into trouble. That's the reason they have been outlawed for motorcycles in some states. They make shorter ones if you like that look and handlebars are easily replaced. Just my opinion. The bike is certainly a keeper however. Nice cruiser style frame that will give you a good ride.
Tom

noyytwi

May 25, 2009
wisconsin
Thanks for the advice. This bike runs about $200 NOT including shipping. Any advice as to were I can get it cheaper? Also any suggestions on cool handle bars would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Taylor

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
I ride a motorcycle and the best overall handlebars are the one's the pro's use on flat tracks in Class C racing there wide and sweep back. The Schwinn Jaguar has about as close to the real thing as used in motorcycle racing. Walmart or Target carries that Schwinn bicycle that comes those handlebars.