Military Bike

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Check your link; says image expired.
There have been several military style bikes done by members here. Look through the pictures & videos section and when you fix your link let us.
Tom

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
K, not sure what the issue is as the links work for me. They are links to my Tabblo pages, which are set up for public viewing. Note that when I am testing them I am NOT logged in to Tabblo so I am viewing them as a generic public user would.

I'll have to take a look at the other military themed bikes. Mine is a work in progress as I still need to add brakes and a rear rack. I plan to do something about the handlebars too, and am looking for some authentic looking saddle bags for it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Aslan,
This time when I tried it, it worked and I was very impressed with what I saw. Your bike is a interesting project that I hope you have a lot of fun with. Good job, sir and thanks for sharing it with us.
As for saddle bags, one of the other military bike, U.S. Army, also used old amo boxes for cargo containers, slung off the rear fenders. That bike too was olive drab with the Army logos. I tried to find it but was unsuccessful. Maybe someone else can locate those pictures and post a link to them here.
Again, nice bike. Enjoy.
Tom

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
I was thinking ammo cans too originally, even planning to hit up the local Army Surplus store to see if they had any. I may still go that way, but if you do a google search on Army Motorcycles you will see that they used good old brown leather saddlebags on the rear with maybe a small ammo can or two on the front forks, so I will be checking tack supply places to see if I can get something similar.