CDI swap

GoldenMotor.com

steveowc

Feb 2, 2009
florida
I am on my first build and my 80cc kit came with a bad cdi so I was wondering if I could use a cdi out of my old trac moped temporarely until my new part arrives. I am really anxious to ride and this is all that is holding me up. Also I am having trouble finding a 12ga wheel online i would like to upgrade if it wasnt to expensive

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.

As far as the CDI...not sure what the Old Trac is, I am not familiar with it. If I have time I will look more into it and maybe then I can tell you if it will work or not.

For the wheel, I got mine at bicycles, tricycles, industrial bicycles, industrial tricycles, bicycle parts, tricycle parts I have been very happy with it. A few members have also purchased wheels from them and as far as I know they have had no problems.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
If the CDi from your old moped only has 2 wires going to it, then it might work. I've done a lot of searching and have not found any CDI that would work with these motors as-is other than the ones that come with the kits.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
If the CDi from your old moped only has 2 wires going to it, then it might work. I've done a lot of searching and have not found any CDI that would work with these motors as-is other than the ones that come with the kits.
Build your own CDI that will work with these kits.