NT Carb?

GoldenMotor.com

Avowed

May 4, 2011
Kenosha
I keep reading that the CNS carb from Grubee is garbage. In fact, I have 6 Sky hawks, and they bog down. I want to buy some NT Carbs, but I cant seem to find them online. Can someone point me to them?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I keep reading that the CNS carb from Grubee is garbage. In fact, I have 6 Sky hawks, and they bog down. I want to buy some NT Carbs, but I cant seem to find them online. Can someone point me to them?
All you need to do is drill out your main jet to about a #64 drill bit.

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
All Ive done to my cns is,make it get the gas it needs. Ive gotten rid of the stock petcock,put a nice filter new petcock,and bigger fuel line. Yesterday when i did a plug chop my plug was a nice cocoa brown.
I will say its a struggle to get them right. Getting them to seal properly is probably the worst. I took a dremel tool and took that real sharp edge of the outside of the intake pipe. It seals really easy now.
I havent drilled any jets. Im waiting for mine to finish breaking in. Then I'll mess with that. Hopefully they have a jet kit for them soon.
My bike pulls strong all the way thru to wot.All and all I'd say it's not a bad carb.
Everything from China needs to be finished or tinkered with before it works right.

Last edited:

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
made my own air-filter/intake...stuffed a chore-boy copper scrubber in it (original foam oiled and also in there) to restrict HOW MUCH air she got, and NO PROBLEMS NOW!

...these carb's have gotten sooo much bad press, but I think anyone having a problem simply isn't taking the time to figure it out! -I know I say the same of myself all the time- after the tantrum, of coarse...

....and BELIEVE ME!, -I've had an embarrassing tantrum, or two, on this forum before!

these puppies are weird, and then you have t o take into consideration ALL THE OTHER MODS you've done...
in a perfect world, I could do math and cut only once....

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The carb from BGF on ebay is a nt, I bought one to have as a spare. Myself and many others here have had good results with the cns after we found what our bike,engine combo needs. My setup is differant from most because its on a 48cc, didn't need to drill the main jet just removed the vent tube and replace the plastic spacer. If you do a side by side comparison the nt is much smaller and can not flow as much air as the cns. Since these engines run an air to fuel ratio at around 14 to 1 air flow is the key.

PerryP180

Jun 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
On the CNS just remove the rubber vent tube running from the filter to the carb bowl. This was like magic on mine. Still needs minor fine tuning but it made a big difference.

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
xct2I say instead of all the fussing with the CNS, throw the frigging thing in the trash were its suposed to be, and buy a DAX Delorto replica. Holy **** the new carb is awsome!!! When I tested the new carb right out of the box, all I had to do was set the idle!This thing is great, and I would strongly recommend this carb.