Fasteddys trike

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Steve thought Id post a joke that even canadians may find funny......The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American History. Who said 'Give me Liberty , or give me Death'?"

She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Little Akio, a bright foreign exchange student from Japan , who had his hand up: "Patrick Henry, 1775," he said.

"Very good! -- Who said, 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People, shall not perish from the Earth'?"

Again, no response except from Little Akio: "Abraham Lincoln, 1863."

"Excellent!" said the teacher continuing, "Let's try one a bit more difficult -- Who said, 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'?"

Once again, Akio's was the only hand in the air and he said: "John F. Kennedy, 1961."

The teacher snapped at the class, "Class, you should be ashamed of yourselves, Little Akio isn't from this country and he knows more about our history than you
do."

She heard a loud whisper: "F_ _ k the Japs."

"Who said that? -- I want to know right now!? she angrily demanded.

Little Akio put his hand up, "General MacArthur, 1945."

At that point, a student in the back said, "I'm gonna puke.'

The teacher glares around and asks, 'All right! -- Now who said that?"

Again, Little Akio says, "George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991."

Now furious, another student yells, "Oh yeah? -- Suck this!"

Little Akio jumps out of his chair waving his hand and shouts to the teacher, "Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!"

Now with almost mob hysteria someone said, "You little ****! -- If you say anything else -- I'll kill you!"

Little Akio frantically yells at the top of his voice, "Michael Jackson to the children testifying against him, 2004."

The teacher fainted. As the class gathered around the teacher on the floor, someone said, "Oh ****, We're screwed!"

Little Akio said quietly, "The American people, November 4, 2008."

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I find this forum more than a little bit fascinating. Billy Thunder had a Currie electric motor that he wasn't using and said if you want it, it's yours, just pay the postage and of course I said yes, thank you and just tell me the postage and I'll send it to you.
I'm waiting to hear how much and my brother comes in and drops the motor on the computer desk. Look at the postage and send it off. That's trust.
Thank you Billy.

Then Pop's and I are talking about the trike and he has a Cyclone mid drive electric motor that is still in the box and he offers it to me for half what they cost. Once again it's tell me how much for the shipping and I'll send the money.
PM comes back, costs $20 to drive to the post office. I'll just send it to you and you can pay me when you get it.
Next day the motor lands on my desk and a quick PM and Pops gives me his personal bank information and I deposited the money right into his account. That's trust.
Thanks, Pop"s.

Rick of RicksRides has hooked me up with parts suppliers and everyone has offered encouragement.

Mr. Rockenstein was talking about BBQ and that got me going about finishing my smoker that I built last summer with Silverbears help. Haven't had time to go and get some metal to finish it but a tip of the old hat to him for getting me going on that project. May never have been completed if he hadn't mentioned it and handed out some hints and advice.

This is the greatest forum and I thank you all.

I'll get back to the trike soon but right now I'm pushing to get as much done on the tri-car as possible. Thank Heaven we're getting a couple of dry days a week.

Steve.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Then Pop's and I are talking about the trike and he has a Cyclone mid drive electric motor that is still in the box and he offers it to me for half what they cost. Once again it's tell me how much for the shipping and I'll send the money.
PM comes back, costs $20 to drive to the post office. I'll just send it to you and you can pay me when you get it.
Next day the motor lands on my desk and a quick PM and Pops gives me his personal bank information and I deposited the money right into his account. Thats trust.
Thanks, Pop"s

This is the greatest forum and I thank you all.

Steve.[/QUOTE]

Fasteddy

Your welcome.
Then Fasteddy puts the monies into my account
in lightening fast (eddy) time and
GIVES ME A TIP !!!!
Now thats Karma !

Thanks Steve

Rick

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
James,

I moved the answer to my trike thread. It's been over 6 months since I added anything to it but I don't want to plug up the for sale thread.
As I remember you wanted to know how wide it was. Chainmaker said 28" from the outside of the hub to the outside of the other hub.

Someone split the axle and added a keyed sprocket to each side. The bike chain drives one wheel and the motor drives the other side. I'll do my best to get some photos over the next few days. Pretty busy with Christmas here but will try to get some time somewhere.

Here is another trike rear end that is under the trike that I'll be finishing fairly soon and is the subject of this thread. It shows you the slit axle with the sprockets on it. This will be electric with the power going through a double sprocket chain ring to drive it as if it was being pedaled.

I have ordered a bunch of bearings and when they get here I'll build a wider trike rear end for something that is in the works. You can make them any size you like for not a lot of money. Can you weld or do you know someone who welds?

Steve.

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab228/speedydick/Fasteddys Trike/NikonPictures015.jpg

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear,
Bearing are paid for and will be on their way right after Christmas. We can have any size trike rear end we want now. There will be 4 sets left after I redo the rear end that I got from Chainmaker.
Name your poison.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Thought ya'll might find this interesting: In the 1940's schwinn and jacobson built 12 prototypes 3 are still around. These are basically the same engines that we are using on our various builds. Be real easy to make a replica of this one. Rick

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Rick,

Happy New Year. That looks like a nice bike and I really like the gas tank on it. It would be fun to see one made and then taken to a antique bike show or a motorcycle show and just ride around to see if anyone know's what your riding.

I'll bet that you have the parts to pull it off.

Steve.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Pretty cool. They sure mounted the engine high up in the frame. I forget what that frame is called. It isn't a straight bar, as you can see the second bar has a curve to it. Nice looking frame. I wonder why it didn't go in to production, what the thinking was. Wish we could talk to one of the guys who made the prototypes and find out what they learned.
SB

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Happy New Year to Ya'll, I hope youre 12 days of Christmas were better then mine! I got 11 days of some of the nastiest flu around finally over it.
SB, Im trying to figure out what model the bike is as I have an early 40's model jacobson in the barn. They did mount it too high, I have no idea what was used for a tank. I am looking for more pics and info.
Steve, I have everything but that frame. However I found a fella just across the stateline from me that has a 60x100 ft barn full of old bikes and parts. So im taking a feild trip when the sun comes back out

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I am sure the tank is part of the engine. I think i have one of thoese motors in my shed. Not knowing what it was i took the flimsy angle iron off and tosed it. This was all before i found this Motor bike site and started to build.
PS glad you are better flu is no fun..............Curt

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I am sure the tank is part of the engine. I think i have one of thoese motors in my shed. Not knowing what it was i took the flimsy angle iron off and tosed it. This was all before i found this Motor bike site and started to build.
PS glad you are better flu is no fun..............Curt
I emailed a friend and this is what he said
That Bike you sent is a Post War late 40's Schwinn Model DX . That bike without the engine in fair condition would prolly sell for around $500 to $600.
He is also in the busness to find and sell................Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Steve,
Just re-read this thread doing a little research for the 63 Schwinn American Deluxe trike conversion we have recently talked about using a villiars Midget engine. Any updates on your 1942 Schwinn or is it sitting in line behind other projects? At last view it was looking good!
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
SB

You must be a mind reader. I haven't looked at it since the beginning of September and got to thinking about the trike gears/rear end someone mentioned yesterday and I went out to see if it was OK. Still there and snug.

I have a 24V Currie motor that Pop over on Vancouver Island sold me that I am going to use. If the tri car ever gets finished it will be a quick and simple swap once it's in the garage.
The Monark and sidecar will get done first though. Again a Currie mid motor that I purchased from Paul at Sick bike parts. It's 48V and 1.200W and the set up needs the power with the bike and sidecar weight not to mention the large fella that will have himself parked rather firmly on the saddle.

I definitely should have started 20 years ago.

Steve.