Questions.

GoldenMotor.com

rsafarian

Feb 21, 2009
United States of America
Hey Guys! I have a couple questions that I was hoping will get answered.

1. For some reason every time I want to pedal normally, after a certain amount of time the chain will come off. How do I fix this?
2. The throttle handlebar that comes with the kit broke, I need a better and stronger replacement. Where can I find these? Both online and locally.
3. How should I normally start the bike? What is the process of getting your bike out of the garage and riding it on the street?
4. How do I adjust the throttle cable? It seems as when my throttle handlebar wasn't broken, it would be stiff and won't properly move in and out.

:-||

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
1. Sprocket alignment or chain too lose. You want your wheel sprocket to be lined up with the sprocket on the engine. You should have from 1/2 to 3/4 inch of play in the chain. Also be sure your rear sprocket is centered on your wheel. When you spin your wheel, look at the top of your sprocket...does it go up and down? And also make sure your rear sprocket is mounted flush, meaning it does not wobble.

2. I have used a ATV thump throttle, or a motorcycle throttle would work as well. Any local motorcycle shop should be able to help you out with that.

3. I hit the tickler (primer) on the side of the carb about 6-8 times, I have a on/off switch so I make sure it's on. Then I pedal between 7-10 mph and let the clutch go and .wee. I am off running. You may need to use your choke, try half way first.

4. Make sure that your throttle cable is nicely lubed and try not to kink the cable. Zip tie onto the bike in too many spots will make it stiff as well. Look at the pic below to see where to adjust the throttle cable.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Sorry about that, where is it coming off of? the crank sprocket? Or the wheel sprocket? Is it a Multi speed? Single speed? Does it come off changing gears?

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Why don't you lift the rear wheel and peddle by hand until you see why it does not run properly on the sprocket. You should see the chain bind or a part of the chain that seems to not follow it's path.
As for throttle, I always run grease and oil along the inside cable after removing it from the housing. There is no reason for a stiff cable unless it's bent or kinked from how you ran it. I also grease the inside of the throttle housing. I think all, if not most of the sellers will sell you a new one for a few bucks.